Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An additional 5-10 miles to see it on IMAX? And you're wondering what you should do???? :tongue:

its 13 miles away and im driving down from huntsville to see it in houston... and my truck has bad gas mileage... im sticking with amc 24

im stuck between two places... im going to either amc 24 in houston texas or if i should drive 5-10 miles (cant remember how long it is) to another theater that has all screens in IMAX to see it... what should i do!?!?!?!

The DCI show will not be on an IMAX screen if you are talking about the Edwards theater in Katy. They only have 1 IMAX screen and it is showing the Harry Potter film. IMAX is a different film format and most IMAX theaters do not have digital capability. The digital IMAX theatres are projected at about the same resolution as normal movies and on the same size screens (not IMAX size). In other words, if a digital IMAX were to receive the quarterfinals broadcast, it would look just the same as in a regular movie theater.

I have not decided whether I will be attending the quarterfinals broadcast. I am not happy that the bottom 7 are not being shown live. Personally I find their shows more entertaining than the top 7 (except SCV and Bluecoats).

Sacramento, CA

Haven't chosen which theatre yet.

After my friend (whom I marched with) drives in from California, we'll be heading to Northtown theaters in Spokane WA.

Come Friday night, we'll be Bar-B-Qing and watching Semis on the Fannetwork.

Good times coming! :tongue:

Edited by MsBusDriver

Ithaca Mall 14...........Ithaca New York! :tongue:

Cinemark Harbor 12 in Rockwall.

Nearest theater is 3 hours away, so I won't get to see quarters.

Hm. I've got two locations nearby, one 5 miles from my house (Gurnee) and the other 7 miles from my house (Lincolnshire). All told DCI has 19 Chicago-area locations lined up this year, and another 6 in either NW Indiana or SE Wisconsin, which is pretty impressive considering how few houses were showing it when it started.

Edited by mobrien

There's a couple drive-in theaters where I live. I say we have Quarters shown there so we can have a tailgate party before, during, AND after QF. :tongue:

Oh, and I'll most likely be attending QF at Montrose Movies in the Akron, Ohio, area.

Hm. I've got two locations nearby, one 5 miles from my house (Gurnee) and the other 7 miles from my house (Lincolnshire). All told DCI has 19 Chicago-area locations lined up this year, and another 6 in either NW Indiana or SE Wisconsin, which is pretty impressive considering how few houses were showing it when it started.

Yay. I'm happy others have so many choices, and that some can agonize over whether or not an extra 15 minutes of driving is worth it to watch at an IMAX.

asdklgjqipotu oajbadfbkj;sndl gho