Ricola or Western Wall?

Can you tell that I'm bored? Our group activity to go to the Rotary pancake breakfast and then tour the glass factory was canceled today.

When I first saw the Cavalier's show I had a bit of a culture crisis because I looked backfield and saw the young man playing a shofar. Now...perhaps this is common in the alps and other mountainous regions and I need to be educated, but I always think of the Western Wall in Jerusalem or of other middle eastern cultures.

Should he be playing one of the Ricola horns?

I have placed photos below for your reference:

shofar.jpg

ricola.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An alpenhorn would certainly seem more fitting, but regardless, I think it's a pretty cool color. Kinda digging the pop bottles in the pit, too.

Cavies have been pretty good at bringing some interesting colors and timbres to the field throughout the years.

An alpenhorn would certainly seem more fitting, but regardless, I think it's a pretty cool color. Kinda digging the pop bottles in the pit, too.

Cavies have been pretty good at bringing some interesting colors and timbres to the field throughout the years.

Ah...that's what they're called--alpenhorns.

If they are to get one and get that extra tenth or so in GE then I will feel as though I had my part in helping them. I just think that having a shofar is holding them back because the judges are as confused as I am.

Speaking of cough drops, perhaps if the Cavies get that upper respiratory illness, then Ricola could sponsor them.

Is that legal..seriously...I am just curious...not trying stir up stuff

A shofar is a bell-front brass instrument so...yes!

Now I just need to know where to find those shofars in G. Those were always louder, you know. :thumbup:

Edited by Hrothgar15

Now I just need to know where to find those shofars in G. Those were always louder, you know. :thumbup:

Haha!

If it's made of brass, it's not a shofar. Shofars are made from a rams' or similar animals' horn.