Unfair Fairfax

Looks like the rain is least of our worries...just got weather update saying there is a tornado warning in DC area....why or why fairfax....at least its still far from showtime...

Edited by chriso8604

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that the tornado warning was for St. Mary's County in Maryland.

Having said this, there is significant weather activity throughout the Metro area, with more expected throughout the evening.

Headed for the stadium - hoping for the best.

Mark

I really don't understand the need for an INT. I went to an Open Class show the other night and they had more corps than this with no INT. For a smaller show like this I think its pointless.

Careful - the INT borg is pretty powerful around here. Don't want to rile them up, if you know what's good for you... :tongue:

Looks like the rain is least of our worries...just got weather update saying there is a tornado warning in DC area....why or why fairfax....at least its still far from showtime...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM EDT FOR

SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY...

AT 505 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO

INDICATE A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR BROKENBURG MOVING

NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO POST

OAK...ALSOP...COOKSTOWN...SNELL...SPOTSYLVANIA...THORNBURG AND

SPOTSYLVANIA COURTHOUSE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the show is gonna get rained out... my opinion... from Miami..lol

i guess no more funny show names for me

I think people need to lighten up for crying out loud...that name is no different than any of the other ones...people can IMPLY or INFER what they wish...but I think it plain silly...

Edited by Liahona

MANNNnnnnnn. We've had enough rain outs this season. Where's Moses when you need him? :tongue:

It is absolutely POURING DOWN right now. Not sure if this show will go on.

Virginia Radar Link

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Low around 72. Southwest wind between 8 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

one less show for all corps

Sterling VA [LWX] radar weather report at 5:35pm EDT (2135Z):

An area of echoes, 1/10 coverage containing thunderstorms and extreme rain showers. The area is 75 nm wide from 054° at 126 nm to 151° at 91 nm from LWX. Maximum tops 51,000 feet. The area is centered at 091° at 81 nm from LWX. Cell movement is from 210° at 23 knots.

An area of echoes, 2/10 coverage containing thunderstorms and extreme rain showers. The area is 22 nm wide from 328° at 76 nm to 340° at 50 nm from LWX. Cell movement is from 210° at 23 knots.

An area of echoes, 2/10 coverage containing thunderstorms and extreme rain showers. The area is 22 nm wide from 009° at 14 nm to 193° at 49 nm from LWX.

An area of echoes, 4/10 coverage containing very heavy rain showers. The area is 240 nm wide from 300° at 125 nm to 120° at 117 nm from LWX. Automated station.

In english...this is not very good weather at all...close to fairfax