Holy Name Cadets -- Landisville, PA

Good afternoon here were are in Landisville, PA staying at Landisville middle school preparing for the two shows in the area: Westchester and Allentown, PA. This middle school has an astro-turf field with multiple practices fields for the corps to use. Our hosts have been very good to us treating the corps to some Rita's ice-cream in many flavors. I didn't realize that my first posting was moved over to the review threads; which is why I try to stay away from doing reviews of the show. I thought my comments about the corps at last night's show where very minimal and I was surprised to see that my post had been moved.

The kids are in good spirits and the injuries are nothing more than some knicks here and there. The Cadets were back to work this morning cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. All parts of the show are receiving attention during ensemble rehearshal with a lot of attention to the second number of "Boy Like That" or known in Cadet circle as BLT. Big show tonight with Cavies and Crown going at it just before Allentown. It feels good that we'll be at this housing site for a couple of days. The food volunteers continue to feed us well and there are more drivers to assure rested drivers for our next couple of runs.

I'll let you know more when it happens. For now wish the kids well and hope they perform at a high level tonight. This will give them some momentum heading into Allentown tomorrow; one of my favorite drum corps sites.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

thats a great facility down there.

thats a great facility down there.

Just back from watching the ensemble rehearsal. Yes, very nice site. The band director, Powers, is an old-school drum corps guy. Ran into several old friends, including Danny Satchel, Reading Bucs and Rod Meckley, Garfield from 85-88. A nice day -- hot and sunny. Now on to the "other" stuff.

This was my first look at Cadets this year. Very well run and productive rehearsal. As mentioned they did a lot of work on BLT and you could see it cleaning up nicely. The corps has a very crisp, confident look. Hornline had a strong, full sound, a good blend and no obvious substantial weaknesses. Snares and bass sections really projected well from all points on the field; nice tuning, good execution and tasty parts. Front ensemble seemed rather loud but the synth wasn't at all obtrusive or overpowering.

IMO, this show is quite the welcome change from the past few years. Excellent!!!

i thought Powers retired...good to hear he's still around!

Good afternoon here were are in Landisville, PA staying at Landisville middle school preparing for the two shows in the area: Westchester and Allentown, PA. This middle school has an astro-turf field with multiple practices fields for the corps to use. Our hosts have been very good to us treating the corps to some Rita's ice-cream in many flavors. I didn't realize that my first posting was moved over to the review threads; which is why I try to stay away from doing reviews of the show. I thought my comments about the corps at last night's show where very minimal and I was surprised to see that my post had been moved.

The kids are in good spirits and the injuries are nothing more than some knicks here and there. The Cadets were back to work this morning cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. All parts of the show are receiving attention during ensemble rehearshal with a lot of attention to the second number of "Boy Like That" or known in Cadet circle as BLT. Big show tonight with Cavies and Crown going at it just before Allentown. It feels good that we'll be at this housing site for a couple of days. The food volunteers continue to feed us well and there are more drivers to assure rested drivers for our next couple of runs.

I'll let you know more when it happens. For now wish the kids well and hope they perform at a high level tonight. This will give them some momentum heading into Allentown tomorrow; one of my favorite drum corps sites.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Thanks for the details! Wish I could be up there for the BIG weekend celebrations! :tongue: