Allentown

Folks keep using the Arban's book as a comparison....maybe my memory is fuzzy but I remember there being some tasty stuff in Arbans....some of the variations to the Carnival of Venice immediately come to mind.

True, hearing someone play page 285 correctly IS much more entertaining than most shows today.

:thumbup:

Can anyone give a review of the rimshots tonight ? Wish I could have experienced some of the shows without rimshots bouncing all over a dome stadium..............

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on how BD's new ending is? Any major visual changes? I'm so anxious to see it!

Any word on how BD's new ending is? Any major visual changes? I'm so anxious to see it!

Just watched BD..... I think the new ending will be great when they play it with as much confidence as the rest of the show. They basically took what they already had, chopped off the last chord and added the last 20 seconds of the end of "Rhapsody in Blue." Yes, they play pretty much a verbatim arrangement of the original with all new drill. I believe the piano was actually playing the real piano part, with the mellos doubling. That is how I always wanted Phantom 2005 to end... so now I get to hear what that would have sounded like.... awesome. :thumbup:

Just watched BD..... I think the new ending will be great when they play it with as much confidence as the rest of the show. They basically took what they already had, chopped off the last chord and added the last 20 seconds of the end of "Rhapsody in Blue." Yes, they play pretty much a verbatim arrangement of the original with all new drill. I believe the piano was actually playing the real piano part, with the mellos doubling. That is how I always wanted Phantom 2005 to end... so now I get to hear what that would have sounded like.... awesome. :thumbup:

Yes, I really REALLY like the end of the show now! Thanks, BD!

Yes, I really REALLY like the end of the show now! Thanks, BD!

Agreed. Much better ending!

Am I the only one not terribly impressed by BD's ending? It just seems like they tacked on the piano playing the last notes of Rhapsody in Blue, and then played a loud chord to end the show. Maybe I thought it would be something radically different, and from the looks of the scores, I guess they don't need to change much at all.

Am I the only one not terribly impressed by BD's ending? It just seems like they tacked on the piano playing the last notes of Rhapsody in Blue, and then played a loud chord to end the show. Maybe I thought it would be something radically different, and from the looks of the scores, I guess they don't need to change much at all.

I agree, heard all the hype and hoped for more. fell a little flat. Not sure what Rhapsody has to do with the 30's since it was written and performed in 1924.

Just watched it, had the same response. It's not really an improvement on the old ending. And yes, it's a 1920s piece both chronologically and in spirit.

This of course, makes me a little optimistic about next week. :thumbup::

Edited by mobrien

They've added "Rhapsody in Blue" quotes here and there throughout the show to tie end the ending. I think it is better than what they had.