Scranton - Parade of Champions

Bugleboy.

was the hurcs guard really that good , on the sheets scoring wasnt close.

http://www.dcacorps.org/wp-content/uploads...8/scranton1.pdf

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugleboy.

:shutup: I haven't seen the sheets, but my reaction at the time was they were a bit distracting. They take your attention away from the rest of the show and I didn't see that so much with anyone else. As far as execution they were good, but I also noticed everyone else was . So, to answer your question...NO they weren't markedly better than anyone else. :smile: (boy I hope I didn't put a bee in anyones bonnet, but that's how I saw it)

Yep, the first time in over 20 years that the Statesmen have finished lower than 4th place. Wow. Times are changing.

Ray.....I picked your quote for a segue. Hope you don't mind. Assuming the Statesmen's show at Scranton was the same show I saw at Jamestown last week......here are MY thoughts. I have many friends and associates with ES and hope they do not take offense.

#1 ES Opener.....Jami does an excellant job but,........The Statesmen need to open with a STATEMENT befitting their name. Create "Goose-Bumps" peel away "Facial Hair" (not appease those who have none)

#2 Loose the voice-over

S#%&W the "All Age" thingee we've reverted to.........YOU'RE AN "IN YOUR FACE" SENIOR CORPS !!! :shutup::smile: Just do it.........

Ray.....I picked your quote for a segue. Hope you don't mind. Assuming the Statesmen's show at Scranton was the same show I saw at Jamestown last week......here are MY thoughts. I have many friends and associates with ES and hope they do not take offense.

#1 ES Opener.....Jami does an excellant job but,........The Statesmen need to open with a STATEMENT befitting their name. Create "Goose-Bumps" peel away "Facial Hair" (not appease those who have none)

#2 Loose the voice-over

S#%&W the "All Age" thingee we've reverted to.........YOU'RE AN "IN YOUR FACE" SENIOR CORPS !!! :worthy::smile: Just do it.........

:shutup: Exactly...where was the usual PIZAZZ(now there's an old drum corps term fer ya)

#2 Loose the voice-over

S#%&W the "All Age" thingee we've reverted to.........YOU'RE AN "IN YOUR FACE" SENIOR CORPS !!! :shutup::smile: Just do it.........

i wonder if tom allen is gonna get in your face like he did me?

Reading's one quad player had a cast on his left wrist which is why he was not playing. I too thought MBI came out and threw down the challenge to Reading. They played an excellent show with controlled aggression. I thought Bush was more enjoyable this time around. I really like the little diddy the pit plays in the beginning, really adds to the show! I can see Cabs and Empire going back and forth. These two shows are really close together but I have to agree with an earlier post, there is something missing from Empire's show. I'm not sure exactly what it is that is missing but something is just not there to put this show over the top. Being a drummer, I usually watch the tenor lines to see who has the hottest line on the field. Well, last night, it was a bass line that stole my attention. Empire has the hottest bass line that no one has made mention about(at least that I know of anyway). I'm not trying to take anything away from any of the other bass lines that played their butts off last night. Reading, nice improvements to an already quality product. I love Ritual Fire Dance, that is by far my favorite song this year! Hurricanes, The last time I saw this corps, they were sporting the old uniforms yet. It has been a while. It's great to see the corps back to full strength! The show is great and Hurcs are executing it well!! I like how everything is straight from the old west. The saloon feature is really excellent!! I like how the battery goes into the saloon through the swinging doors to start the feature. They tease Can-Can and then they teasewith Mag 7. All in all best I have seen them in a long time!!

Last night, even though there were winners and losers, I thought every corps on the field last night was a winner! Good luck to all in the mad dash to Labor day weekend!!

:shutup: I haven't seen the sheets, but my reaction at the time was they were a bit distracting. They take your attention away from the rest of the show and I didn't see that so much with anyone else. As far as execution they were good, but I also noticed everyone else was . So, to answer your question...NO they weren't markedly better than anyone else. :smile: (boy I hope I didn't put a bee in anyones bonnet, but that's how I saw it)

maybe you should watch what they are doing. Technique, performing and drill. They are that good.

Does anyone know attendance numbers? Crowd reactions?....what was the stadium conditions exc....????

wish I cuda been there....

:shutup:

I posted a review over in that section of the forums.

And to answer the question about Hurcs guard... well, I didn't have them down as the best ones there last night. Read the review and you'll see what I mean.

Bugleboy.

Does it really mattter? Is the Hurcs guard going to put them over the top against Reading? Bucs could have spotted the Hurcs the entire guard caption and still won last night. Hell...after their OTL, Bucs could have performed the rest of their show to a drum tap....and STILL won last night!