CONGRAT'S BOSTON

Retention of existing members and the recruitment of experienced people from other corps are the key to corps like Boston and Blue Stars continuing to rise toward the top of the DCI ranks. How awesome would it be to see old-time corps like BAC, Blue Stars, and Troopers battling it out with Cavies and HNC/Cadets for the top spot in a few years? Check this out from 1970:

VFW Nationals VFW

Position Corps Score

1 Troopers 87.450

2 Boston Crusaders 86.750

3 Cavaliers 85.550

4 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights 85.050

5 Blue Stars 84.900

6 Kilties 84.550

7 Madison Scouts 83.800

8 Argonne Rebels 82.550

9 27th Lancers 82.500

10 Garfield Cadets 82.200

11 Blue Rock 81.400

12 Black Knights 74.000

In 1970 boston should of won. The crowd went nuts unlike any thing sense

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left this post over at BAC's forums earlier today....but thought it would be appropriate here also...

To the 2009 Boston Crusaders,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for such a fine performance Saturday at Allentown PA. Thank you to those guys/gals that remained with BAC from the previous year. Your maturity was very obvious Saturday night. I was so PROUD to be sitting there on the 50 right next to the press box cheering you on. You had a great show which moved me emotionally on many levels with the horn line having a VERY MATURE sound that projected extremely well to the press box. The color guard was gorgeous and sexy I might add...the drum line was just plain on FIRE and quite musical! You did not let the bad draw for Showtime effect you at all-you had the crowd in the palm of your hands for the 12 + minutes of that performance. It was definitely a STANDING O at the end of that show and not to be just a polite one either! You are definitely some of the best marchers on the field today.

I was also at Annapolis in the beginning of the season and I can see the MASSIVE improvement you made this season by huge LEAPS and BOUNDS. No matter where you end up at finals, you can be rest assured that you have made this former member and alumnus PROUD! You guys/gals are just terrific! If I was judging the Allentown show you definitely would have EARNED BOX 5 without a doubt.

To the Design Team, Brass Staff, Percussion Staff, Guard Staff and Visual Staff....Thank you so much for giving BAC such a well designed and thought out product from TOP to BOTTOM....and then having the ability to help them EXECUTE that great product. Thank you Tom Spataro for your great leadership! SPECIAL THANKS to whoever decided on the new uniform choice! Also thank you for the great costume choice for the guard and the really nice silks for the show. I really hope that this staff stays on with Boston because I see some really great things for the future of this group as you are definitely on the right path to the top.

Eat em' up Boston and best of luck at finals.

Roger

BAC Soprano 1990-91

I left this post over at BAC's forums earlier today....but thought it would be appropriate here also...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for such a fine performance Saturday at Allentown PA. Thank you to those guys/gals that remained with BAC from the previous year. Your maturity was very obvious Saturday night. I was so PROUD to be sitting there on the 50 right next to the press box cheering you on. You had a great show which moved me emotionally on many levels with the horn line having a VERY MATURE sound that projected extremely well to the press box. The color guard was gorgeous and sexy I might add...the drum line was just plain on FIRE and quite musical! You did not let the bad draw for Showtime effect you at all-you had the crowd in the palm of your hands for the 12 + minutes of that performance. It was definitely a STANDING O at the end of that show and not to be just a polite one either! You are definitely some of the best marchers on the field today.

I was also at Annapolis in the beginning of the season and I can see the MASSIVE improvement you made this season by huge LEAPS and BOUNDS. No matter where you end up at finals, you can be rest assured that you have made this former member and alumnus PROUD! You guys/gals are just terrific! If I was judging the Allentown show you definitely would have EARNED BOX 5 without a doubt.

To the Design Team, Brass Staff, Percussion Staff, Guard Staff and Visual Staff....Thank you so much for giving BAC such a well designed and thought out product from TOP to BOTTOM....and then having the ability to help them EXECUTE that great product. Thank you Tom Spataro for your great leadership! SPECIAL THANKS to whoever decided on the new uniform choice! Also thank you for the great costume choice for the guard and the really nice silks for the show. I really hope that this staff stays on with Boston because I see some really great things for the future of this group as you are definitely on the right path to the top.

Roger

BAC Soprano 1990-91

Yes a outstanding group of talented young adults and staff. It is really a start of a new beginning for BOSTON. new england the last corp left in world class. Every one should bring it on for BOSTON big time. drum corp from 1961 to present.

Edited by emc2

It's been great to watch them all season. A corps that entertains and just throws down on the field. Great job and thanks for making this summer so great!

Yes. the Boston Crusaders broke 90 tonite for the first time since 2005. Congratulations to this Corps for attaining this mark.

I always consider it a mark of excellence worthy of note to see a Corps reach this 90 or over mark when they havn't done it ever before or in quite some time.

Congratulations to the Boston Crusaders for their Corps hitting the 90 mark tonite.

Edited by BRASSO

:smile: YES there are many awesonme people at work with Boston. :sad:

:worthy:I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN ON THURSDAY! :lol:

:sad:Congrat's on breaking 90 tonight in New York (THE BIG APPLE), 90.650 to be exact. :lol:

:devil::lol::devil::smile::sad::lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Roger

BAC Soprano 1990-91

I had the pleasure to overhear an (end of practice) meeting early in July. At that time, the tour directer wanted to express his thanks for the way the corps had been cleaning up sites, loading equipment, etc. I predicted great things from this corps at that time because as a former instructor, the little things like these tell me the character of its members. This always transfers to the field, as their work ethic would show up in their scores,( as long as you have a show to perform, of course.) Congrats to breaking 90 Boston. Good Luck in Indy! Thanks for a great year already

Congratulations, Boston. I want to wish you all a successful Finals week.

Your show is wonderful and reminds me why I love this activity.

Well done -- Corps, staff, volunteers, and supporters. :lol:

Here's to the drum corps that insists on giving the audience their money's worth! No idea what the final placement will be, but you are all GIANTS!!!

DEVORATE EOS, BOSTONIA!

Here's to the drum corps that insists on giving the audience their money's worth! No idea what the final placement will be, but you are all GIANTS!!!

DEVORATE EOS, BOSTONIA!

Yes I agree