Crown always going to be crowd favorite

Understand the historical context. From 1976 to 1982, BD and SCV had won every single title. No Eastern corps had won on the final night. And everyone assumed that the same pattern would repeat again this year. But for some reason, that year, the inevitable didn't happen. Garfield managed to break the jinx on all the Eastern corps - and everyone from East of the Missisippi was grateful to them.

Garfield was the second corps east of the Mississippi River to win DCI. Madison is also east of the Mississippi.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you weren't there, I was, you have no idea what you are talking about. Cadets were expected to win that night and they did, deservedly so by a mile.

Point of fact - I was there. And we can disagree as to what the expectations were. I know what I, and everyone around me, thought was going to happen: another BD victory.

Another point of fact: Garfield was the first East Coast corps to win the title. Madison is a Midwestern corps.

Final point of fact: Cadets are really the only East Coast corps to ever win Finals. Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana are not East Coast states. They are Midwestern states. If CC wins this year - and their marching will have to improve dramatically, for that to happen - they will be second East Coast corps to win the title. South Carolina is an East Coast State.

If CC wins this year - and their marching will have to improve dramatically, for that to happen - they will be second East Coast corps to win the title. South Carolina is an East Coast State.

I don't agree.

the 1st SOUTHERN corps to win. :lol:

I don't agree.

the 1st SOUTHERN corps to win. :lol:

Actually, they would be the first Southern and second East Coast corps to win. Technically, we are both correct.

South Carolina is part of the East Coast (Atlantic Coast) of the U.S. That is why Clemsom competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference......

Things are getting rather sporty on here.

CC is a quality program. Whether or not they are the "crowd favorite" is too subjective to get an accurate reading without a Volcanoscore. :lol: SCV fan might have something to say about that. . .

I will say that the HNC vs CC rivalry is brewing to a nice simmer. Moreover, truly cool how many CC designers are Cadet alumni. . .

Leon May- Crown drill designer and Cadets visual caption head ('97)

Adam Sage- Crown Guard caption and Cadets '93 member

Lee Bedis- Crown percussion caption and Cadets '87 member

Michael Klesch- Crown brass arranger and Cadets '83 drum major, staff member

And VanDoren's tenure prior to Star. . .and after.

So we should probably save the hate since these kids are practically brothers.

Things are getting rather sporty on here.

CC is a quality program. Whether or not they are the "crowd favorite" is too subjective to get an accurate reading without a Volcanoscore. :lol: SCV fan might have something to say about that. . .

I will say that the HNC vs CC rivalry is brewing to a nice simmer. Moreover, truly cool how many CC designers are Cadet alumni. . .

Leon May- Crown drill designer and Cadets visual caption head ('97)

Adam Sage- Crown Guard caption and Cadets '93 member

Lee Bedis- Crown percussion caption and Cadets '87 member

Michael Klesch- Crown brass arranger and Cadets '83 drum major, staff member

And VanDoren's tenure prior to Star. . .and after.

So we should probably save the hate since these kids are practically brothers.

Leon also marched Cadets....I know '89 and '90.....don't remember if he marched '88 or not.

But yes, HNC and CC have really close ties....probably why the members have such a good relationship, there are very similar approaches in both corps....attracts similar kinds of members.

Actually, they would be the first Southern and second East Coast corps to win. Technically, we are both correct.

South Carolina is part of the East Coast (Atlantic Coast) of the U.S. That is why Clemsom competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference......

No, because they are not good enough to be in the SEC

Is this TINK in a blue mood ?

No, because they are not good enough to be in the SEC

Ha.... so how did the friggin chickens get in? Because it seems fairly common knowledge that they are owned by Clemson! (is this still DCP?) :lol:

I am a huge fan of Crown as you can see. I have heard people saying that Crown is the crowd favorite. I was wondering if you think they will always be a crowd favorite or will they be taken seriously as a top 5 corps. I think that this year Crown is finally getting the respect they deserve and that the corps finally relize they have a chance to win everytime they go out. I think they have been underrated for years as just a crowd favorite.