2010 DCI Tickets: WHEEEEEEEE!

Mike, DCI could try forcing people to walk on their lips in order to enter the gates, and you'd find a way to defend it. :thumbup:

That I couldn't defend. But since what they really DO do seems logical to me, it's easy to advocate the organization's positions.

I haven't seen any other junior drum corps organization out there that is doing things any more logically.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna' be funny with Championships crowds looking like the parting of the Red Sea.

hasn't been that way so far.

For what it's worth...finals only happens ONE NIGHT. It's like a predictible last game of a World Series for drum corps fans. I applaud DCI for getting every last dollar they can for those seats and not allowing the live event to be covered and for charging to see this performance through the purchase of DCI DVDs. Smart business and product availability control.

If you want the best seats...pay for them...or go another night. The same "black seats" are available for QFs and Semis and many of the black seat holders would rather or are required to attend other functions on those evenings. Grab up some black QF or SF tix instead and drive home on Saturday....but then you risk missing something...like a corps first launch into finals (Crown 95) or a corps first championship (Regiment 96). See, you want to be there so you don't miss it right? So pony up the money.

I'm kinda torn on this whole ticket thing. I did like it better when we ordered right from DCI...and I did like it better before they had the early bird/three shows/same seats package. But then again I buy the early bird/two shows/same seats tickets for Allentown. I do get frustrated with finals. This year I was unable to get disabled seating (and the good regular seats were all taken by the "package" people). When DCI told me that Ticketmaster was finally offering disabled seating (and this took a few weeks), they were suddenly all sold out. So I'm sitting in the 400 level, on the 25 yard line...still at $125/seat...and my wife has to somehow climb 7 rows of steps to get there. The only thing I asked for that I DID get was aisle seats.

So I may have to buy the package next year...just to get the seats that work for my family...and sell quarters and semis...

Edited by G-Rott

Maybe there's a better formula, but it looks like if you do the Bronze level friendship then you can get 2 premium tickets that work out to $424 each for the Fantastic 5. HOWEVER it appears that that is for Premium tickets (which I thought were available to anyone). To get in the SUPER premium section it looks like you have to be a Platinum friend...

...Now the Platinum package actually looks like a fairly decent deal over all. I mean, coughing up $2,500 is not easy, but you get 6 Super Premium tickets which works out to $417 each, then you some other moderately worthwhile things. (has anyone been to the Friends of DCI reception? Is it any good?). And you're supporting an activity that's worth supporting.

Question: Michael, maybe you can answer this, but is the $2,500 tax deductible?

Pay it, don't pay it ... Go or stay home.

I'm staying home. If you really want to send a message to DCI, do the same ...

Boo's analogy to pro sports, Broadway, etc., is fine except for one thing: IT'S ####### DRUM CORPS! It's not pro sports or Broadway.

...Boo's analogy to pro sports, Broadway, etc., is fine except for one thing: IT'S ####### DRUM CORPS! It's not pro sports or Broadway.

I agree. I shouldn't have compared those obviously inferior activities to our precious drum corps brotherhood/sisterhood. It diminishes drum corps to do so. :thumbup:

PS:

I would have made an analogy to something high tech or pop culture, but I wouldn't want the reference to be lost on you. (Ducks and runs.)

Edited by Michael Boo

I'm paying it! Why? Because I'm going to have a whoopin' good time...plus I may have to do a dance with Mr. Hopkins, and that my friend will be priceless.

I'm staying home. If you really want to send a message to DCI, do the same ...

Boo's analogy to pro sports, Broadway, etc., is fine except for one thing: IT'S ####### DRUM CORPS! It's not pro sports or Broadway.

You're right, lets just let it die. We can always watch marching band on Friday night at the high school anyway. Pass the haterade please