2009 Dayton Summer Classic

Getting too slow in your old age OLD GEEZER !! :sad:

I got the scores on to the Dutch Boy forum ahead of you and the webmaster. Who's the old geezer now, eh? :lol:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well also, CR has been beating Raiders by about 2 points. But, not last night! If their score had continued from an 87, they would have been in the same placements as previous shows.

Also, when speaking about their last five scores, if you throw out the last two low scores, you can also see the improvement. The difference is of course that instead of going into finals with an 87 or 88 (and 4th place in the standings, like they have all season), they are now going into finals with an 84, and probably are out of the top 5 now. This definitely hurts the members, and judging will most likely reflect that last score.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's hard to be sure. Sometimes it's the judging, sometimes the kids just have an off-night while another corps nails it. I know when I was teaching there was one drum judge in particular we hated to see in the lineup because we knew the scores and placement would be screwed up that night.

As for Dayton, I was happy to see my corps score go up, but I was surprised at the drops, especially Music City. I wasn't there so all I have to go in is Kevin's commentary.

Well also, CR has been beating Raiders by about 2 points. But, not last night! If their score had continued from an 87, they would have been in the same placements as previous shows.

Also, when speaking about their last five scores, if you throw out the last two low scores, you can also see the improvement. The difference is of course that instead of going into finals with an 87 or 88 (and 4th place in the standings, like they have all season), they are now going into finals with an 84, and probably are out of the top 5 now. This definitely hurts the members, and judging will most likely reflect that last score.

I hope I'm wrong.

Thats not totally true.

At Amhurst OH

Cap Reg - 81.0

Raiders - 80.8 (-.2)

S Lyon

Cap Reg - 83.15

Raiders - 81.8 (-1.35)

Belding

Cap Reg - 85.4

Raiders - 84.95 (-.45)

Raiders have been hanging in there under the radar. So has Revo.

That is why from 4-7th is going to be such a great battle between Teal, Raiders, Cap Reg, and Revo.

Not being there I can not say my thoughts, but looking at the scores, it looks like last night Raiders were at their best so far.

There are other great battles up and down between all the corps from the top three to the battle between Spirit NJ and Les Stentors for the final position at Semis. A lot of people may not care about them, but I'll bet anything that everyone associated with them care.

I just want to wish ALL the corps the best of luck tomorrow. It IS going to be a great show.

Just wish I was there.

I hope I'm wrong.

While the seeding will make it more difficult for CR at Quarters, a good performance in Michigan City will rectify that situation and move them up in the seedings for Semis and Finals.

Remember, now CR won't have three corps after them whose combined horn line numbers are still less than their own.