Corps Songs...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor correction. Cadets corps song is Holy Name....the first word of the song is Oh, but the name of the song is Holy Name.

Peace,

CuriousMe

Minor correction. Cadets corps song is Holy Name....the first word of the song is Oh, but the name of the song is Holy Name.

Peace,

CuriousMe

Recently, we adopted Cadillac of the Skies, by John Williams. I forget which show it's from, but it's a beauty. it's not sang, but they used to play it. Come to think of it, I don't think they do it anymore. Darn... while I was there, they chocked it up to being a second corps song... UGH!

Cadillac was played by Cadets in the late 90's and the entire group of YEA! corps played it in 99 at the YEA! shows. Crown 99 adopted it as our "song" that season and I vividly remember 2 performances that choked me up. #1, we were at Cincy on the top of a parking garage warming up and a few Cadets came over to our hornarc and listened as we played it. (56 horns with several "fillers") The Cadets were appreciative. #2, we played it for our age-outs after our last run on Finals day. Crying like a little girl :(

Cavaliers corps song is a medley of Over the Rainbow and Semper Paratus which is the Coast Guard Song.

Cavaliers corps song is a medley of Over the Rainbow and Semper Paratus which is the Coast Guard Song.

The Cavaliers sing both "Over The Rainbow" and "The Corps Song" (which is set to the tune of Semper Paratus).

They play a medley of the two.

We are the corps The Cavaliers,

There is no corps we fear,

We march along and sing this song,

For we know that we never never will go wrong, so

March onto victory Cavaliers,

As we march on through the years,

We march along and sing this song,

For we are The Cavaliers.