Quarter final play by play?

I'm not taking anything from anyone.

All the kids in all the corps are doing their very best...they always do !!!!

Drum corps in the one thing that everyone tries just as hard as the next kid.

Good luck to all the corps !!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, they face the same dilemma that Carolina Crown face in OC. Visual performance is where they're getting killed. It is wiping out any advantage they have over Citations, in music and GE.

They know what needs to be fixed. They have 15 scoring sheets so far this year, from the judges. I am sure that the visual performance judges have been telling them the same thing, over and over again: footwork, carriage, alignment, space, timing, etc., etc.

If they haven't fixed these things by this point of the season, then it probably won't be fixed, in the next 48 hours. That is why I see little chance of them reeling in any of the top 3. If their marching techs can pull that off, then by golly, they've earned their pay.

If they do move up to World Class next year, this is something they will have to address. If OC judges are crucifying them for this, imagine what the WC judges will do. (p.s., Teal's plans to move to Open Class are probably the worst kept secret ever. Well, maybe the worst kept secret since the Monica Lewinsky affair.....)

Not sure it has ever been a secret that they have aspirations to step up to the WC. And I agree that they will have to do something with their feet...

I was very impressed to see alot of new drill in the bdb shows since the Omaha Show...now clean clean clean

Desire, Dedication, and Determination erases doubt.

Thanks!! I bet this is a bittersweet time for her! My daughter has two more years. She was lucky enough to start when she was 15.

Whatever she does... don't let her quit early. I listened to my boyfriend (he aged out in VK... marched with SCV too). He said "Don't march anymore" and I did'nt. Missed being with VK when they made finals for the first time. :blink:

On the whole, things went pretty much according to plan. Now the conspiracy theory freaks can go away and leave us alone, for the next 72 hours. Go back to cruising Ebay, looking for relics from the alien landing at Roswell.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Garry, down the road from Area 51

If you are interested in some of the memoralbilia from the Roswell landing..... I have some of the actual metal, form the saucer that landed there 61 years ago....... it may look like aluminum foil, and may smell like someone's been barbecuing chicken on it..... but don't let that fool you. It is the real deal. Only $99.95, plus S&H.

Seriously, folks. There's nothing in the score sheet that indicates to me anything less than a fair result. The score sheets are internally consistent. The corps we expected to finish 1st did, and the corps that we expected to finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th...... did. There are some excellent battles for the 5-8 spots, and 13-10.

More importantly, the scores make sense, when you look at the results earlier in the season. Corps scored well in captions that they did well in, throughout the year. And if they didn't score well in those captions for most of the year, they didn't score well last night.

Now, I would like to find this out:

1) The OTL times for tomorrow's show;

2) Whether any of the OC corps have been seriously effected by the flu scare. At least 2 of the BDA members have been diagnosed with Influenza A. Have any cases been diagnosed in the OC outfits?