No Handicap Parking at LOS

Here is the information that I have been able to find out:

There is limited parking in the South Lot of Lucas Oil Stadium - including handicapped parking. All of the spots in this lot are $10 per day (charged by Denison Parking, the company that manages the lot). Enter the lot through gate 6 - I believe it is off Missouri Street.

That makes more sense to me.

So......from where I sit - once again DCI is NOT evil despite what you read on these boards.

And DCP'ers often DO over-react.

But, never let facts get in the way of a good group rant. So, if you must, carry on.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope BOBSMYTH is correct. IMO, it would be absurd and probably illegal to not offer some type of handicap parking. If this an oversight by DCI fine. It's understandable when going to a new venue. However, this needs clarified with the appropriate and correct info on the DCI web sight. Saying there are 66,000 spaces downtown doesn't cut it if you're handicapped. Come on DCI, let's figure this out.

I have to pay for a ticket?!

That's it! I'm done!

I can't use my handicap placard that I got for my aunt who had back problems three years ago but I continue to use it anyway like a lot of people do?

That's it! I'm done!

Edited by GoFanGo

There is limited parking in the South Lot of Lucas Oil Stadium - including handicapped parking. All of the spots in this lot are $10 per day (charged by Denison Parking, the company that manages the lot). Enter the lot through gate 6 - I believe it is off Missouri Street.

So......from where I sit - once again DCI is NOT evil despite what you read on these boards.

But, never let facts get in the way of a good group rant. So, if you must, carry on.

Dear Bob,

Anyone with an internet connection can find the info you just posted. I did not say LOS did not HAVE handicapped parking...I said DCI to me IT WOULD BE UNAVAILABLE. So, if you must, carry on.

Edited by oldbandguy

Hmmmm....shall we talk about how I went directly to the ticket booth at DCI last year asking about handicap access to the upper seats and was met with a collective shrug and absolutely no help?

How about when I went to the ticket takers who were standing 30 feet from an elevator and asked how I get to the upper floors if I can't walk it and were met with embarassed faces who told me I couldn't use the elevator because it was only for VIPs?

How about the "guards" stationed at the elevator who told me it was only for VIPs and not for HC access (which I suspect is why it was installed in the first place thanks to ADA standards)? I should have asked them if they wanted me to contact the ADA and let them know about that nice little caveat.

At Madison I wasn't the only person having mobility problems and staff tried to be helpful but had absolutely no way of helping. Nothing was planned for hc access or if it was the staff was completely uninformed. Ticket office had no ideas, staff driving past in golf carts (hey thanks for the lift buddy) had no idea. Nothing.

DCI is woefully inadequate when it comes to hc access. Look at the age poll in another post here. In 10 years the largest contingent of those people are going to be in their early to mid 60s and many of them will need assistance. 10 years isn't that long folks. DCI better get on the ball.

Dear Bob,

Anyone with an internet connection can find the info you just posted. I did not say LOS did not HAVE handicapped parking...I said DCI to me IT WOULD BE UNAVAILABLE. So, if you must, carry on.

Well, you are assuming that all I did was use my internet connection. I'm not sure if there is anything I can say that would convince you otherwise.

But - I'm going to go to Lucas Oil Stadium this weekend. I hope you can be there as well.

I don't consider my comments here just a good rant. I was only telling what ACTUALLY happened. I have not voiced my opinion that DCI was Evil? I just feel they need to be a little more considerate with people that need assistance.

You've got to be kidding me?! No parking at the stadium? Who the sam-he## came up with this brainless idea. That's it! I'm done! I'm never going back! If they can't even figure out how to park the fans this is the most inept group of DCI nutballs that ever ran the activity!

This just really #####s me off. I can't friggin' believe it!

That's it, I'm done!

Bye! Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Folks, there is nothing here to be upset about. I have just communicated with DCI's Director of Events and she has informed me that there is LOTS of accessible parking for those in need at Lucas Oil Stadium. DCI has not taken it away, nor would they ever consider doing so.

I don't know how the miscommunication started, but there is nothing here to get upset over. Those who need it just have to show up at the parking lot and they will be directed to where they will be parking AT the stadium.

Thank you for bringing this out in the open so we could all learn the facts ASAP.

Bob, you didn't read what the OP said, obviously, or anybody else for that matter.

The person you responded so rudely to KNOWS there are handicapped spots available when the lot is open, but DCI told the OP that it would be unavailable.

Nobody is saying that DCI is evil. People are talking about ways for people who are not able-bodied for walking to get to something they love every bit as much as you.

I hope some people on here try to get DCI to be a little more accommodating for this type of situation next year and for the next 8 years after that. I'm betting the situation will get much better as DCI gets settled into this new venue.