Do corps get a rehearsal at lucas oil?

just wondering are the corps allowed to do a run through or visit the stadium prior to QF? Im guessing no, due to cost... But it would be nice for logistics, acoustics, etc. Anyone know?

Edited by GREENBLUE

just wondering are the corps allowed to do a run through or visit the stadium prior to QF? Im guessing no, due to cost... But it would be nice for logistics, acoustics, etc. Anyone know?

It would be nice, but I seriously don't think there would be enough time. It would take several hours just to get a corps from their housing site (even if it's close) to downtown into the stadium and back. I don't think they could afford to miss that much practice time, and there is no way DCI could afford enough time for all the corps to get time at Lucas Oil.

Plus the field's going to take enough of a pounding during the actual competitions.

You know it's artificial right?

In the past, we would have one corps come into the stadium on Wednesday night to help do sound and video checks for the tv production. in 2004 it was BK, and the previous years I don't remember. This usually lasts for about two hours. The corps would take about an hour and a half of ensemble and one run through.

Edited by Newseditor44

You know it's artificial right?

Yep....but groundskeepers are still going to minimize any potential damage, especially to new turf. WE know that a day full of people marching on turf won't do nearly the damage it does to grass, but they probably don't know that....and the field probably costs them MAJOR bucks.

I'd imagine DCI would've gotten an earful from Lucas Oil following last year had finals been held there...after 4 performances of Regiment sticking a sword into the ground.....IU may have anyway...since their turf was ALSO new.

Edited by 84BDsop

I believe that corps aren't allowed to practice at the finals location once the first show has happened.