FYI: Cavies pull out of I & E competition today

Considering how this season has been in terms of "The Drum Corps Bug", it seem like a good call. I wish SCV would do the same to be honest. Esp considering they were the last corps to get hit "hard" by it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish they would be a little more realistic and admit they are doing it for competitive reasons.

I mean seriosly, I and E is like a cakewalk compared to rehearsal outside during the summer.

I just wish they would be a little more realistic and admit they are doing it for competitive reasons.

I mean seriosly, I and E is like a cakewalk compared to rehearsal outside during the summer.

...might it be that they are trying to avoid exposure.... lets suppose 1 person from a currently "sick" corps happens along an otherwise healthy Cavalier, who has not had the bug yet.... and he takes it back to the rest of the corps... and it spreads, just in time for Thurs, Fri or Saturday... well heck, sounds like they'd like to be competitive, healthy and end the season on a strong, positive and WELL note.... and maybe, just maybe, they'd like to stay healthy for AFTER the season is over and send their men home well and ready for band camps, school, etc..... I'd do it... and I'm sure that Bruno and everyone got together and discussed what is best for the members. Stop hating on them.... really.

I don't think that participating in I and E really has that much effect on competition.

One could argue that several extra hours rehearsing the day before quarterfinals would put the corps in a better position for success.

But, on the other hand, possibly an "easy" day where the corps can have fun, show off their talent, and watch their friends show off their talent may be exactly what a corps needs at this point in the season. After I and E, isn't it plausible that a corps could come back to rehearsal fresher, with more energy, and a renewed focus than a corps that has been rehearsing for several days straight?

I truly believe that one of the reasons Crown popped such a high score at Allentown was the night before, them getting to watch the show and not rehearse. I'm almost sure they would have come back the next day more motivated after seeing all those great products on the field.

Did they not get hit by the illness wave at all?? If so, I can agree with not tempting fate this close to the end.

A bummer for those who'd been working on I&E stuff, tho

Well the percussionists can always compete at PASIC and I would think there are solo/ensemble competitions that the horn players (both H.S. & Collegiate) can take advantage of later this year...

Considering how this season has been in terms of "The Drum Corps Bug", it seem like a good call. I wish SCV would do the same to be honest. Esp considering they were the last corps to get hit "hard" by it.

Actually, only those SCV members competing in I&E went. The rest of the corps stayed behind and rehearsed.

Cavies will use the extra time for a clinic run by Sylvester Stallone who will prepare them for their new "Cliffhanger" ending.

Whatever it takes to avoid "hornthrax" is a step in the right direction in my book!

Edited by DutDutOut