The Oil Can Is Ready To Go!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in section 440. Low frequency echo was huge during Mandarins. ~5 seconds after big hits. Definitely a big loss of sound clarity compared to Bloomington

Too bad. And now we're stuck with it for years to come.

serious question - does dci have a competent lawyer? from what ive heard, a lot of the wording in that Lucas Oil contract was poor.

I'm sure they do, but remember that in situations like these it's the venue that has all the power. Getting a venue to just eliminate a fee is very difficult, if not an outright impossibility. They may have been able to negotiate a fee down, but I'd be shocked if ANY lawyer could convince a venue like Lucas Oil Stadium to drop a fee for a niche activity performance.

Too bad. And now we're stuck with it for years to come.

Well, here's where we find out how smart the negotiators within DCI were when the deal was made, assuming, of course, it IS as bad as commented and stays that way. Is there any out clause? Most contracts have something built in, but there are also times where meeting the out-clause standard requires jumping through a number of hoops.

I'm literally in front of the stadium. This thing is HUGE!! I'll give you guys a review of the sound quality after I see the corps tonight.

seconded.

OPEN THE ROOF!!!

Guys, it's not like a sunroof! Unfortunately it's not that easy. Most likely, the venue needs at least a 2 or 3 day window to get the roof open for events. They would have made that decision early on because once its open, it stays that way through the weekend, come rain or come shine! I don't think they were willing to take that risk.

Same way at Cowboys new stadium. You can't just open and close it. MASSIVE undertaking!

Sorry, but it's gonna be closed this weekend. :withstupid:

Edited by trumpetcam

Guys, it's not like a sunroof! Unfortunately it's not that easy. Most likely, the venue needs at least a 2 or 3 day window to get the roof open for events. They would have made that decision early on because once its open, it stays that way through the weekend, come rain or come shine! I don't think they were willing to take that risk.

Same way at Cowboys new stadium. You can't just open and close it. MASSIVE undertaking!

Sorry, but it's gonna be closed this weekend. :withstupid:

The roof takes 12 minutes to open/close and the side window takes 6 minutes. They can do it if they wanted to with no problem. On NFL game days, the decision comes roughly 4 hours before game time on whether they will have it opened or not. It's up to DCI and the LOS crew on whether or not they want it open or not.

The roof takes 12 minutes to open/close and the side window takes 6 minutes. They can do it if they wanted to with no problem. On NFL game days, the decision comes roughly 4 hours before game time on whether they will have it opened or not. It's up to DCI and the LOS crew on whether or not they want it open or not.

I sit corrected! :withstupid:

My inside source was wrong and it seems they must have agreed to leave it closed for the duration of the week. It sounded like more of a good reason to not have it open though. Doesn't look like there really is one...