New Phantom guard guy

OK

so there's a new video on the Fan Network about a Phantom guard guy who basically has 9 days to learn the entire show. That is just incredible. I once came in late and had to learn the show rapidly (and it's hard) - but 9 days - holy crap!!!!

And it's not like you can just "skip" some work when you're on the guard - it's all or nothing.

Although I was surprised that they decided to wait for him instead of getting someone else to fill the spot.

Later,

Mike

Is guard that much more difficult than say a brass spot? I know of baritones that marched after learning the show and music in a week. (I buy his clothes and food)

Is guard that much more difficult than say a brass spot? I know of baritones that marched after learning the show and music in a week. (I buy his clothes and food)

I would only say yes in that if the brass person forgets a music part - or isn't 100% comfortable playing it - he can just do the drill - in guard - you can't not do the work - everyone and their grandmother will be able to tell

OK

so there's a new video on the Fan Network about a Phantom guard guy who basically has 9 days to learn the entire show. That is just incredible. I once came in late and had to learn the show rapidly (and it's hard) - but 9 days - holy crap!!!!

And it's not like you can just "skip" some work when you're on the guard - it's all or nothing.

Although I was surprised that they decided to wait for him instead of getting someone else to fill the spot.

Later,

Mike

What's the name of the video and under what tab can I find it?

What's the name of the video and under what tab can I find it?

Under Spotlight - Experience Passion

Great video!

having performed in both spots, I'll say you are much more exposed as a guard member. . .everything you do is seen by the audience.

Also, I think this video was my fav of the year. . .I also liked the story about the girl who was an alternate for scv's guard. 2 really inspiring people!