If I could ever design, Implement 1 song for a DCA show it would be...

from311; Do You Right,,,and Beyond The Gray Sky

old school; Hall of the Mountain King

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a song I hadn't heard in quite some time yesterday, "A Stranger on the Shore" (Acker Bilk). It could probably generate the same power for a ballad as "Nights in White Satin" did for the Renegades. Of course, if no DCA corps wants to try it, we can wait for DCI to use it in 2011, complete with the clarinet, or as a percussion solo using the bowafridgeaphone ( http://www.oddmusic.com/gallery/om06800.html )

Joe

Edited by JoeDz

I heard a song I hadn't heard in quite some time yesterday, "A Stranger on the Shore" (Acker Bilk).

That song is one of my all-time favorite instrumentals. It's from the early 1960's...I think it got as high as third or so on the pop charts. A haunting sound to it.

Fran

That song is one of my all-time favorite instrumentals. It's from the early 1960's...I think it got as high as third or so on the pop charts. A haunting sound to it.

Fran

Fran,

The "haunting" sound of "A Stranger on the Shore" is exactly why I leaned towards Renegades for that one. It would fit them well.

Joe