Get these Flippin WW's out of my I&E

Woodwinds out of I&E: Agree/Disagree?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Agree/Disagree?

• Agree
    • Disagree
  2. 2. If you had a Drum and Bugle Corps Woodwind I&E Championship Ring would you wear it?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of TALENTED violinist, gymnast, debaters, hoop shooters and barbequers marching in drum corps today. Just because someone has a talent used outside the activity does NOT mean that they have to be given an event in I&E. We ALL know the reason woodwinds were added to I&E. If it was because of musical talent then we need to add strings and voice (please don't add strings and voice).

I have a gold medal for saxophone I&E. Yes, I wear it.

I knew I saved this for some reason, Jay

3794868343_6c7aa9f9c5_o.jpg

i was a saxophone major and i played mellophone in corps. i was not alone, many members learned a new instrument to march as well as many color guard members were woodwinds, why not give them a chance to showcase a different talent, and yes they should wear their medals, an acomplishment is an acomplishment. before i get crucified, i'm not saying woodwinds belong on the field, but s/e, who cares, let people do what they enjoy. and by the way, kudus to blue stars clarinet soloist in the encore of rapsody in blue, he does an awesome job. gershwin would be proud.

Edited by bandman28

They give medals for I&E. But yeah, if I played a woodwind instrument in real life why not show it off? Now granted I am VERY opposed to them being on the field, marching. I&E is fine with me though...

This.

There are lots of TALENTED violinist, gymnast, debaters, hoop shooters and barbequers marching in drum corps today. Just because someone has a talent used outside the activity does NOT mean that they have to be given an event in I&E. We ALL know the reason woodwinds were added to I&E. If it was because of musical talent then we need to add strings and voice (please don't add strings and voice).

I'm pretty good at riding my motorcycle, but they don't let me wheelie it across the field! This is like little league baseball and kids soccer, there used to be tryouts, now everyone makes the friggin team and everyone plays, even the friggin clarinet players!

I have a Masters degree in the performance of a woodwind instrument, but I marched in a Drum and Bugle Corps to play a BRASS instrument!

If I wanted to hear the greatest flute playing ever, I would go to the Flute Loops Convention, and listen to the likes of Tutti-Flutie or some such.

then don't go watch the woodwing i&e competitions?

Seems pretty easy to me.

Just because you don't want to see something you don't want anyone else to be able to see it either?

This isn't even similar to putting woodwinds on the field because all the brass captions are still there for you to enjoy

I'm a WW player

I've never marched (though I have 2 years left to try)

I don't have a problem with people doing WW I&E. It's just one person, and they aren't representing part of a show.

If I did march, I wouldn't do WW I&E because honestly I don't like playing it THAT much. I'd honestly be a little embarrassed if I won. I probably wouldn't wear the medal either.

Is there a voice event? I'd much rather have voice included than WWs. Voice has been legal since the 80's, so why not?

If anything get rid of the WW event and add a voice event.

I'm a WW player

I've never marched (though I have 2 years left to try)

I don't have a problem with people doing WW I&E. It's just one person, and they aren't representing part of a show.

If I did march, I wouldn't do WW I&E because honestly I don't like playing it THAT much. I'd honestly be a little embarrassed if I won. I probably wouldn't wear the medal either.Is there a voice event? I'd much rather have voice included than WWs. Voice has been legal since the 80's, so why not?

If anything get rid of the WW event and add a voice event.

:laughing: Maturation at its finest! Congrats! :lol: