DCI World Class Semifinals Thread

Their book must be filled with black pages. No resting on the back sideline for the battery, either. And they're doing it with lots of movement. Even the drum set part was cool -- which is unusual for DCI, IMO.

All the dudes knocking BD for ticks here or there aren't taking into account the totality of that book and the overall execution. It was very, very worthy of high drum.

i think BD is probably the best percussion section out there this year, i just don't think they should be scoring a 19.9 on semis night. i think all the drum scores are a bit high, actually.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Think Crown and Cadets were the only ones to move up a point or more. Cadets I think 1.15 and Crown 1.45 something like that.. Devs only a Few tenths. Hmmm

Should be interesting. When was it that Devs Had been Undefeated season and ended up 3rd?

It was '95 as well, undefeated all of 94 and up until q'finals in 95.

SCV is soooo close to passing Cavies. This arouses me quite a bit. :tongue:

something weird happened tonight...or it was the red bull and vodka.

i kinda dug BD.

and I predict they break the 99.15 mark by .05

As much as Boston's show? :tongue:

DUDE, those ladies in the guard....BOING! :tongue:

Calm down everyone, i'm not old or anything, i'm the same age as thee ladies :smile:

I Think Crown and Cadets were the only ones to move up a point or more. Cadets I think 1.15 and Crown 1.45 something like that.. Devs only a Few tenths. Hmmm

Should be interesting. When was it that Devs Had been Undefeated season and ended up 3rd?

I thought it was '95.

well. well. well.

who'd a guessed how things turned out tonight. you notice how they're using the most critical visual judges for this set of Championships b/c there are too many great music programs this year. yet again, DCI judging is irrelevant to me.

I just checked out the recap from Semifinals last year and this year. Crown and Phantom are scary in the way their ordinals line up so close. Winning music, GE and only a few spots back in Visual for both, each year. If they get that one visual judge to not dump them and have them in 2nd or 3rd, it could get REALLY close again!

It's bizarre how much they resemble each other a year apart and how BD's numbers are similar a year apart, minus the 4th in drums that is!