• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like tipping a canoe over!

OK DCPlaneteers, when I count to "three", everybody hit "F5."

One, TWO, THR.....

lol...took me about half hour to find a web site...um to flip the canoe...lol

thank you Kevin for the Open Class and World Class play-by-play

Congrats to Blue Devils :-)

JJ's score basically says that Cadets had a well written and demanding show that they played dirty tonight. That to me is just calling it as it was, not malice. (I was not there but know percussionists that were who said Cadets drums were off tonight from what they had seen before)

Right ... we did hear about a significant mishap in the HNC battery tonight. Could it be that Pipitone called it as he saw it?

It's a lot easier to believe that. Pipitone has an incredible amount of my respect. It was his dream to be able to judge Finals and when he got it last year he was ecstatic. He wouldn't blow the chance to do it again on something as petty as a grudge.

That said, I was pulling for Crown but I'm not disappointed with their finish. I can't wait to get the DVD's so that I can hear it for myself. Congrats to the BDs on a great season. Crown will be coming for you next year!

Great year. Having half a dozen shows that are fun to listen to in the coming years is nice.

Congrats all, expecially to BD and Crown. Those shows will be sweet on the CDs (as long as the recordings are of decent quality) :tongue:

I heard someone was so P.O.'d they stabbed the drum major! Wait... that was last season. :tongue:

:tongue:

Here's the formula for scoring high: Have the hornline play as little as possible (BD only played around 7:00 as compared to Crown and Cadets who both played over 8:30 NOT including pre-shows), put the guard in acid color uniforms so they distract you from everything else, and then pick a gimmick prop for that WOW! factor.

Apparently that's the case now in DCI. Man how I miss the 80's....