best cymbal line

DrumDeviL

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I didn't like SCV's Cymbal I&E as much as I enjoyed Spirits, but I think that SCV has a better line. IMHO. :)

how does this make any sence. you did not like scv's i and e yet you think they are better than spirit. i just dont see how that can be. i know allot has to do with whats on the feild and if you ask me, for a cymbal line spirit was ramming some notes. i dont think spirits line stopped moving for a second. either they were playing or they were doing something visually. i think colts did more than scv. if you ask me on the feild spirit gets first colts close second and scv,3. out on the feild musically visually and physically and if i recall that was the placement order for i and e aswell.

I did not like the repertoire for the SCV I&E, but I thought that it was well executed. I thought that SPirit's I&E was more entertaining and perfored very well, which is why the received First. (well deserved, I might add). I traditionally base my opinions of cymbals lines on their field performances, however. I liked Spirt's line. I liked the COlts lines. I liked Madison's line (especially the part with the different cymbals). However, I really liked SCV's line. They just have a commanding presence, and they compliment the battery very well musically and visually. I like them better. Period. :)

98 crossmen was an awesome cymbal line, and half of them played flubbs during part of the show. ever since then their cymbal lines weren't that great, except in 2003 they were pretty alright. scv always looks awesome, but to be honest they don't play as many notes as the other great cymbal lines. blue coats always put out a great cymbal line with steve regner, they're still good but not AS good. as far as senior corps goes, reading always seems to put out a decent program. empires cymbal line wasn't bad in 02, but i wouldn't call them spectacular. bush had a pretty good cymbal line in 2000, but they were AWESOME in 2003. that's my two cents.

oh and to clear up the mixup, brass won best cymbal line in 2000. i know yokohoma won it and 2002 and reading won it in 2003, not sure about 2001 though.