So What Should They Do NEXT Year?

Crown playing "Midnight in Miami" The Lick

That is all. :rock:

And you know what? I wouldn't mind one bit!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see Troopers have a crack at Eric Whitacre's "Ghost Train" and of course Ghost Riders would be a must.

So what about War of The Worlds? I suggested it earlier in the thread but noone commented on it.

The corps should pay homage to the concession stand, guard can be fries, and battery and horn line can make burger shapes and hot dog shapes, and the pit can use the synths to make squirting sounds and extra points can go for playing lighter than the next group, and it can be all original music.

Madison Scouts: "The Cooking Show"

• Music from Ratatouille (Original Score by Michael Giacchino who also wrote The Incredibles.)
  • Strawberry Soup by Don Ellis.
    (strawberry soup will be the middle tune, not the closer)

Reasons why?

• Give the drumline and pit a bunch of pots, pans, and knives for percussive experimentation/innovation...
  • Strawberry Soup is the shout-back to traditional charts of Madison past...
  • Theme is fun and accessible, and doesn't need an overly specific storyline to be understood (I'd compare it to CCrown 07 or Madison 97)
  • Michael Giacchino's score is very accessible and melodic...
  • The theme is also very good for marketable possibilities (Madison aprons, chef hats, napkins? etc.)...
  • The guard uniforms can be cheaply made while still being high quality (aprons, chef hats with appropriately solid colored shirts)...

I'm still waiting for some daring corps to put Jellyfish on the field. Imagine the harmonies a skilled arranger could put together!

I'd love to see Troopers have a crack at Eric Whitacre's "Ghost Train" and of course Ghost Riders would be a must.

They played those in 2008.

TrooPerformance

I wonder what would come from a show with that title.

:unhappy::thumbup::worthy:

Interesting. First thing that popped into my head when I saw these two posts was '88 Suncoast Sound:

Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child: Red and Yellow, Black and White; This is the Way We...; Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home; WAR; For Yesterday's Child

If you have the Fan Network, you need to watch this show. Way ahead of it's time. If there were a corps that could pull off a Suncoast type of show, I'd have to say it'd be Crown. I'd love to see what they could do.

Heck yes. That exact show would place much higher today and would be met with something other than confused silence like it was most of the time in '88. That show was greatness.

They played those in 2008.

TrooPerformance

I wonder what would come from a show with that title.

You beat me to it.