On a positive note....

The music was incredible! :unhappy:

One of the biggest and fullest sounding hornlines this year! Great versitility in styles of music played as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of my non-drum corps nut friends who saw this show said it was their favorite.

You just can't match that Regiment hornline. Jim Ott or not, it was the one hit that still gives me chills to recall. I want a recording.

I love PR. The heck with the scores, they're a class act and will always produce shows I like. :unhappy:

Edited by Wadep66

I'll give them this: They might have the most improved show between San Antonio and Finals.

Unfortunately for them, Boston and Blue Stars got better, too. :unhappy:

I'm sorry, really, but I'm not sure how BAC and Blue Stars and what they accomplished is particularly relevant to a discussion or appreciation of what Regiment accomplished this summer. If you are talking about how the judges ranked them, yep, the judges agree with you. But the judges' opinions have very little to do with whether or not I'll listen to the show now or whether the members did their best with the product and were "successful". Being 9th takes absolutely nothing away from you, unless you live for judges and their rankings. And I've never known any Regiment corps to live primarily for judges or rankings (including the ones that have won). Mostly, you march Regiment because you want to march Regiment. If the corps happens to do well with the judges, then fantastic! But it's more about being the best Regiment corps possible, with the show and the members you have.

And so, 2009 is a success--perhaps a more difficult kind of life lesson than last year's competitive success with Spartacus, but nevertheless a summer with much one can draw on. Mostly, I would think, about deciding what really matters to you, and reaching down when you feel like you have nothing left to give and putting out your best effort--giving the crowd something to embrace. Design issues or not. And the crowd agreed, for the most part--certainly no shortage of applause or cheers in Indy. As for the scores and the Miley Cyrus Disneyfied retreat in that tin can of a stadium, I didn't stick around, so have fun discussing the scores, I guess.

Phantom Regiment had one of my three favorite shows of the year, and the only show that gave me chills from the power of the hornline, everytime I saw the show. The opening hit was spectacular as was the turnaround moment in the ballad. The changes did help tremendously and I think your performance on Saturday was flawless. The hornline had one of the most demanding books and the drumline was typical Phantom with unbelievable skill displayed.

I'm still scratching my head at how the score only improved by 1.45 in the two weeks since Atlanta considering that the show was a thousand times cleaner. :unhappy:

I'm betting this show will be a classic iPod fan favorite.