DCI finals review

Reality Check:

- The judges (across the country, over seven weeks) found the Blue Devils 2009 show to be superior in many ways (across the captions) both esthetically and in terms of complexity and performance. BD was opposed all summer by arguably the most intense drill designs in recent memory and prevailed handily. There is no argument about that! NONE!

- In addition, the finals scores (1.65 spread between 1st & 2nd) were, in my view, a loud and clear signal to the drum corps designers (and perhaps the posters on this thread)..."Pay Attention!!" They could have rewarded BD by a few tenths and we all would've moved on, but they didn't.

Take that to mean what you want it to mean, but for me it's pretty #### clear!

Edited by Plan9

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD moved more than anyone except Cadets this year. Just going to reiterate that point.

And there's really nothing more to say than this. Anything else is just feeding people who devote every post about specific corps to insulting/trolling.

It's pretty obvious who they are.

The discussion in here also shows that judges and instructors aren't always capable of looking at much of anything objectively, whether they be affiliated with DCI or DCA.

Just let it go. People like Bob and Jeff posted their opinions. They are what they are.

It looks like you pretty much copied and pasted your last years review of the blue devils.

This is what these people do, and BD isn't the only corps that gets jeers like this. Go to any review, and you'll find the same kind of stuff about just about any of the top corps this year. I implore everybody to stop arguing about it. It's a review, and arguing in here will change no minds.

LET IT GO. :thumbup:

This is what these people do, and BD isn't the only corps that gets jeers like this. Go to any review, and you'll find the same kind of stuff about just about any of the top corps this year. I implore everybody to stop arguing about it. It's a review, and arguing in here will change no minds.

LET IT GO. :thumbup:

But it's like crack! Help me Doc, Help me!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

NEWS FLASH!!

Happiest Man on Earth! 2009!

Geo. Hopkins

Controversy Free!!

Heard saying in private "I guess I'll keep quiet about the rolling Harp section... until next year"

BD moved more than anyone except Cadets this year. Just going to reiterate that point.

:worthy:

ok? AS far as I'm concerned, it's over with and BD won.

They, however, didn't have as much drill as many of their competitors. They may have, "moved" a lot, but that isn't drill. It's the sign of things to come...

:worthy:

They, however, didn't have as much drill as many of their competitors. They may have, "moved" a lot, but that isn't drill. It's the sign of things to come...

Exactly! And it's way overdue!

:cool:

Please define "drill" for me, in all sincerity.