Summation of Recent Activities

I based this primarily on what I hear from actual people. I don't often read the DCI forums here, because it's enough to drive most people mad, what with the constant bickering. What I hear in the stands is a less virulent version of the same, usually from veterans who don't like the idea of change, but also from younger people who don't see value in what has gone before.

I wish I COULD agree with you; it would make things seem much more optimistic for the future of drum corps. :-/

Oh brother! :lol:

Why don't you see if you can get Superman to fly around the world backwards and save drum corps!

Your posting this stuff in no way makes it legitimate! And by saying the end is near...just makes your points more ridiculous!

Last year everyone on DCP told us BD fans to chill after finals, it was what it was!

Now we can return the favor to those of you that somehow believe (like sitting on your hands or booing) that rationalizing will somehow change the outcome! It didn't happen for Indiana Star, it didn't happen for BD 2008 and it ain't gonna happen for you! Move on!

Oh, and Drum Corps will be fine! :shutup:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh brother! :lol:

Why don't you see if you can get Superman to fly around the world backwards and save drum corps!

Your posting this stuff in no way makes it legitimate! And by saying the end is near...just makes your points more ridiculous!

Last year everyone on DCP told us BD fans to chill after finals, it was what it was!

Now we can return the favor to those of you that somehow believe (like sitting on your hands or booing) that rationalizing will somehow change the outcome! It didn't happen for Indiana Star, it didn't happen for BD 2008 and it ain't gonna happen for you! Move on!

Oh, and Drum Corps will be fine! :doh:

And your obviously emotion-based response makes any and all posts by you appear ridiculous.

The evidence of loss of fans is in the stands.

I have not attacked the Blue Devils at any point; you seem AWFULLY defensive.

Loss of fans i the stands? Hmm

DCI Finals attendance has had it's 5 highest paid attendance in the last 15 years from 2004-2008. Seems like it's grown. Any attendance issues this year has more to do with a struggling economy. I don't see a problem with the product.

....but wait....DCI used to have 300093i4328490234 people i the stands in 1982. Ok sure. There were also twice as many corps, and twice as many parents who are not really fans coming to finals. There are fewer kids taking band nowadays because it's "dorky". Less kids in drumcorps. Less parents supporting them. Less fans at Finals than 25 years ago.

DCI is on an upswing recently....not sure about this year.