Schedule input

Galen

I figured I'd get the ball rolling on next season's schedule rolling early (yes, before we pick a location for finals- because I'm OC like that :satisfied:).

So use this thread to post requests/suggestions for home shows, places you'd like to visit, etc.

I'll start off with a question- since we've had a bit of a spike in European corps lately, who would be interested in putting a European tour back on the schedule? I'd be looking at a 2-week time period, in between the regional championships and the first focus show of the season.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europe sounds good to me. And of course we'd like a show in Bowling Green again.

Glory of Music would be interested in a European Tour. It's been in our mind. I'd also be interested in an Alaska/Western Canada tour, say from Juneau to Regina, SK.

Europe sounds good to me. And of course we'd like a show in Bowling Green again.

Bowling Green OH? Not many corps signed up for that one when it was on the schedule a couple years ago. :smile:

Re: Canada/Alaska- find me some venues and I'll see what I can work in. Historically, shows in western Canada have been sparsely attended- perhaps that can change this season? And no, I will not schedule a show on that blue-turf field in Barrow. :satisfied:

As for where regionals and focus shows would be, the answer is "not sure yet". I've played around with a few schedule drafts already in the last couple weeks that included Raleigh, Atlanta and Miami for the south regional, but nothing is settled yet. From posts I've read in other threads, there seems to be interest in Oxford MS and Austin TX (a first for the south region, having regional finals in Texas, which would certainly be an interesting shakeup for that region).

I won't know for sure until we pick the venue for finals.

I would like to see if one of the focus show could be out west. Other than having championship in the west every 4 season, we don't get late season shows.

Just throwing the region in the hat.

Maybe have the focus show in AK swing over and through Canada. Down the west coast then over to the south. :satisfied:

The SunArts Org (formerly SSYAO) would also be highly interested in a European tour as well as having our homeshows in Daytona Beach and Clearwater not interfere with said tour.

Latin America tour, finishing off with a grand parade up the Rio Grande to wherever finals will be held.

Think about it. Begin in San Diego and head south, all the way down to Argentina, turn left and on into Brazil, back up through the coffee countries, trail the Gulf coast up to Heroica Matamoros, and make way up the Rio Grande to who knows where. We can hit every major soccer stadium along the way.