If Lucas Oil was a Bust...

Almost this entire thread is just people naming their favorite stadium (and/or city). Some nice pictures of some nice stadiums.

Can we get a list of criteria you are using to make these choices?

For example, if the primary idea of choosing these venues is to avoid Ticketmaster, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Isn't it really the same criteria?

For the fans...great acoustics, sufficient room to sit, good parking,pleasant weather, stuff to do etc.

For the corps..a whole complete different list of priorities...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Georgia Dome by far :lol:

Folks have fun with this thread but DCI is not pulling out of LOS anytime soon.You can count on that.20 to 1 on your money if you want to put your money where your mouth is at. :shutup:

Edited by camel lips

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/SanDiego...rs/newindex.htm <-- some information on that stadium proposal.

The city is in debt, and doesn't really want to contribute financially to a new Chargers stadium. So, they've been looking around the county for a place to move. Chula Vista seems to be the favorite for the moment, but who knows.

Please tell them to come to Connecticut. We have absolutely NO professional sports teams here in Connecticut!!! Not even hockey anymore!

As much as I'd like to see DCI Finals in San Diego... I don't think Qualcomm is a good stadium for it. I'd wait a few years til the Chargers get their new stadium :) Drum Corps by the bay!

newaerial.jpg

Now..that's one heullva nice looking stadium. If and when the stadium becomes a reality..this has got to be WAY WAY up on the list. I guess the new 49ers stadium will be in conflict with air traffic noise from overhead. I think SD would be the most ideal if and when California comes by the way of Hosting Finals again and Chargers Stadium is complete.

Folks have fun with this thread but DCI is not pulling out of LOS anytime soon.You can count on that.20 to 1 on your money if you want to put your money where your mouth is at. :shutup:

For more amusing that that has been this claim that the Chargers or the 49ers will be getting new stadiums.

rotfl2.gif

Now..that's one heullva nice looking stadium. If and when the stadium becomes a reality..this has got to be WAY WAY up on the list. I guess the new 49ers stadium will be in conflict with air traffic noise from overhead. I think SD would be the most ideal if and when California comes by the way of Hosting Finals again and Chargers Stadium is complete.

I don't think noise from planes would be an issue as much as the planes actually flying over an open stadium itself is more of a safety concern for the crowd. And to get the FAA to move a Jet airway is also not an easy task. Would this location be on the approach end of a runway do you know?

I don't think noise from planes would be an issue as much as the planes actually flying over an open stadium itself is more of a safety concern for the crowd. And to get the FAA to move a Jet airway is also not an easy task. Would this location be on the approach end of a runway do you know?

Listen to some Semis tapes from Miami 83 if you can find them. Yet another reason Miami sucked.

Maybe an alumni corps from Upstate NY too....Patriots, Squires, Greece Cadets, Imperial Regiment, Royal Coachmen, Mighty Liberators, etc.......what a corps!

Biggest PAID audiences in DCI history: Buffalo and New England.

How about going where the customers are?

Call me crazy...

(and 2-7 can do that reunion thing again...would that be ok?)

Biggest PAID audiences in DCI history: Buffalo and New England.

How about going where the customers are?

Paid attendance on finals night of World Championships through recent years:

1995, Buffalo: 19,100

1996, Orlando: 13,771

1997, Orlando: 13,773

1998, Orlando: 12,693

1999, Madison: 19,931

2000, College Park: 18,423

2001, Buffalo: 16,406

2002, Madison: 20,230

2003, Orlando: 18,865

2004, Denver: 22,047

2005, Foxboro: 20,542