Rate on a Scale of 1 to 10: Part 1

Rate em!  

218 members have voted

1. 1. The Blue Devils: 1930

2. 2. Carolina Crown: The Grass is Always Greener

3. 3. Holy Name Cadets: West Side Story: Celebration & Conflict

What are we rating on? Fan friendliness, execution, demand, overall better show? This would be better served with some guidelines. It's a bit too open ended.

Just rate it based on your opinion only... whether you rate a show by demand, fan friendliness or overall is up to you. I left it open ended for a reason since everyone judges each show differently.

On a personal level, I judge shows by how much I enjoy it... call it a "happiness scale." Others like shows based on their demand, design, etc.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carolina Crown was my favorite for 2009 hands down !

Same here...fantastic show, and one that I will watch and listen to many, many times in the future.

I gave BD a 7, Crown an 8, and Cadets an 8. (Crown & Cadets really should get an 8.5, lol - and I'll give SCV a 9). NO ONE had a powerhouse show like each of the top 4 did last summer, IMO. 10 is tought to get in my book. Maybe only Cavaliers (2000 & 2006), Cadets (2005), Blue Devils (2006), Boston (2000), Crown (2007 & 2008) and Phantom (2006 and 2008) would get them in my book this decade.

Harvey

Haha... I'm a tool.

Didn't read the OP to the poll and thought it was a question of where we thought they should've placed.... Sorry for skewing the numbers. Gave a 1, 2, and 3 to Crown, HNC, BD respectively.

.... I need some sleep.

Blue Devils - 9 - For pure visual bliss from start to finish. That show had so much more visually than any other show (except maybe Crown's) this year. . . and the hornline wasn't bad either.

Crown - 9 - Holy hornline. . . and nobody did body movement better this year. Not completely sold on the theme (then again I've never been completely sold on a drum corps theme. . . be better if they stayed away from them), but the performance more than made up for it. . . The Promise of Living (both parts) was the best thing in drum corps this year, and I got chills during the "Somewhere" music box part at finals this year. . . kept waiting from some jack*** to ruin the moment to make the DVD, but nobody did it (at least not where I was standing).

Cadets - 6 - Good drill, decent music, but there was really nothing to this show that grabbed me. . . I kept thinking "well that was kind of cool." That pretty much sums up their show for me - "Well that was kind of cool." There was nothing special or amazing that really put it over the top for me.

Edited by TSRTS13

Blue Devils and Carolina Crown: 9

Holy Name Cadets: 8

All three shows were really good!