DCI Finals - and the season - in Review

Excellent review, just about everything I agree with. Certainly no quibble with the Blue Devils winning, but the margin and high score were ridiculous. Others had far more difficult shows both in marching and the exposure of the brass and difficulty of the scores played. Sometimes one wonders what does go through these judges minds. This is not saying the Devils should not have won, I agree with you it should have been much closer. And yes the Vanguard is back and had a show I will remember for years to come

Edited by bucmellow

Sometimes one wonders what does go through these judges minds.

Isn't it obvious? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Most of them are mind-numbed lemmings that do what they're told and are told what they like. It’s pathetic really. Their bias is obvious, but because no one calls them out on it, they continue to (cough, cough) judge.

I have to say, out of all the reviews I've read (and I read them all) this has to be the best I've read to date. No negativity, just constructive and insightful input.

Thank you so much for such an enjoyable review. This is the first time I can actually say "I felt like I was there". We need more like this!!

Again THANK YOU!

Wow, thanks for all the kudos, ladies & gents. I'm kind of sad there are only FOUR reviews of Finals posted. I find it really interesting to see all the various points of view.

Harvey

Great review!

:tongue:

Best over all review of the season hands down. I too felt most of the same emotions that you so eloquently stated. I hope now that SCV has gone old school so well, they bring back Miss Saigon and take the gold. I can't believe just how much better ALL of the corps keep getting year in and year out. When you think you've seen it all out comes the next years batch of even better higher quality and harder demanding shows. There are FARRRRRR less corps than my day, but every one that is left is an all star corps. Anyone can move anywhere any year. Incredible. I almost gave it up this year with the synths, glad I tried a few shows, next year will be a full tour like I used to do. Gotta love three weeks of vacation from a great job and living in the midwest gives me tons of shows to go to. Can't wait........

• 1 month later...

Reviews like this definitely help me to look forward to the new season. I don't necessarily agree with all of your statements, but hey, thats what makes this activity interesting for me.

Really? I think Wizard of Oz actually fits better...Just my opinion...

Personally I thought the show had a much more Peter Pan theme going than anything else.