To people who use "CCrown" to refer to Carolina Crown

Not unless you are partying on Franklin Street with Tyler Hansbrough and Coach Roy Williams. Otherwise, you should just call them Crown, or Carolina Crown.

As far as Academy goes.... I have heard them referred to as Arizona Academy i the past.

Well I used AA, AZAcad ..... a couple other variations. Then I started feeling like I was in a 12 step program.

"HI MY NAME IS SOP AND I'M AN AA FAN" .................... "HI SOP"

Then I just say 10 Hail Mary's and pray to the Holy Name that the Most Sacred Blood isn't under control of the Devils. Then I take a shot of CC and wash it down with some Sky(y) (even though they're gone now). Quite Vanguard of me eh?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, CCrown doesn't bother me. What really bothers me is when they are called "Carolina"

Just like PR is "Regiment," not "Phantom." But tons of people still call them Phantom.

So good luck with that. :doh:

Not unless you are partying on Franklin Street with Tyler Hansbrough and Coach Roy Williams. Otherwise, you should just call them Crown, or Carolina Crown.

Hmm... how about this? I'll continue referring to them as Carolina, because I want to. :) Just like some people call the Madison Scouts "Madison", some people call the Boston Crusaders "Boston", some people call the Santa Clara Vanguard "Santa Clara", and some people used to call the Garfield Cadets "Garfield".

But... wow, I didn't see this before... Blue Devils and Carolina finishing 1 and 2 this year... who had that on their office pool bracket? Is this the start of a drum corps rivalry that will mirror the one in college basketball?

duke-blue-devils.jpg200px-North_Carolina_logo.gif

Will it be THNGCOBC?

The Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County? That goes down smooth. :doh:

Just not as smooth as a Crown :lol:

Actually, it's: SBYEATHNGCOBCA

Sponsored by Youth Education in the Arts...The Holy Name Garfield Cadets of Bergen County, Allentown!

Us drum corps folks who didnt march "Regiment" have been calling them "Phantom" since the late 70's..

Yeah - I've always wondered about that. The only people that call them Regiment are former members. Everyone else calls them Phantom. Even Rondo calls 'em Phantom. Why do they insist on calling themselves Regiment? :doh: