DCI Judging System

http://www.dci.org/news/pdf/2008/080809_mu...judge_sheet.pdf

That's the best I can give you without contacting DCI directly.

I've decided to keep my comments private...REMOVED IN EDIT

Edited by Liahona

that's one of the better effect sheets out there actually. It spells out exactly what people are looking for

I would like to learn more about the DCI scoring / judging system. Does anyone know / have the rubric/scoring descriptions for the various captions?

I don't think there is anything in writing that will help you understand DCI scoring. It simply boils down to the collective subjective opinion of the individuals DCI hires to score its contests. Nothing more -- nothing less.

Vic Russell

Just as Vic said.... as long as you don't make it precise it can be left open to much interpretation.....and it leads to many threads on DCP:)

i'm a pretty smart guy, but that music effect sheet makes NO sense to me. it doesn't say ANYTHING. it doesn't define ANYTHING.

some day, i hope to understand "effect."

and find out who shot kennedy, whether bigfoot is real, etc.

I agree. The GE caption is pretty much a joke.

"Evaluate the effectiveness of the program and the performers. The ability to maintain a connection with the audience through a combination of components contributes to effect. The performers are measured in part through excellence BUT, MORE SIGNIFICANTLY, in their ability to communicate the product to the audience."

Just replace "audience" with "judges" so then it makes more sense.