Mello Mouthpieces

Latrobe's Finest

SCV used 6a4as & 13a4As, amongst other a4As on their mellos, back in the '70s.

Conversely, Roger Grupp of MBI has always done his stratosphere artistry on a stock Bach 3C.

Edited by HornsUp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a freak. (j/k of course) when you practice enough and have that kind of talent it is possible. Interesting about SCV mellos though, thanks Larrie.

I was thinking about trying the Hammond at Pioneer.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Donny

I play mellophone with a couple of people who have tried the Hammond. Actually the first friend sold it to the second freind. Their comments on it was that it is great for the lower range, but not so good for the higher range. The person who bought it from the friend is using it on an F-mellophone that she plays with a community band when they need projection from her part and is extremely happy with it.

Donny, I'd heartily recommend the Hammonds to you for Pioneer. We noticed a lot of improvements when we started on them with MN Brass.

He makes a couple different cup/rim setups I understand, so you might talk with him about which would be best for your goals.

Can you get me in touch with him??? I have some really good kids that have stuck it out for a few years and now they are good, strong vets. They know how to blow the horns. I am looking to improve the brass sound.

Donny

as I recall, Ray Vasquez put us onto Hammond because he knows and uses Karl's mpcs, and we worked with a dealer Chris Volpe based here in the Twin Cities to get samples, answer questions, and deliver the order.

check out how to contact Karl directly here: Hammond contact

• 1 month later...