Concord Blue Devils victory prompts religious debate

So, the Blue Devils won without the use of any performance enhancing drugs?

According to an un-named source, Barry Bond's trainer was seen hanging around the corps bus Friday night after semi-finals. One of the lead trumpets said that some guy came up and offered him the "cream", some "greenies", and a syringe.

Said the trumpet player, "I had never met the guy, but he sounded pretty believable. If it's good for Barry, then its good for me. I took the greenie pills, I rubbed the cream on my lips, and I took a needle in my ###. The next morning, I had twice the energy. I could play a full octive higher, and I'm already a lead trumpet for the Blue Devils, for God's sake. The only problem I had was that my ### hurt every time I sat on one of those white chairs."

Congressional hearings coming soon.

Actually you're way off base here Doc! Bond's trainer was there for a pick up (not a drop off)! :doh:

Get your rumors straight!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be ..... Diablos Azules de la Concordia.

Heck that sounds like a good name for a show .... or a corps. hmmph :doh:

I think either Madison or Pacific Crest is using that as their show title next year.

The ideas of the guy in the comments thread were pretty bizarre, but he certainly didn't deserve the verbal beat-down he got from other commenters. At least he wasn't rude. Some of those replies were pretty mean spirited.

Look what happened to that ball team from Florida (and they still don't have any fans!)

I guess now we have to stop eating Underwood meat spread products, and those party eggs.

Dang.

I wonder how he feels about the Holy Name Cadets?

Perhaps DCI is evil!?

Oh no!!! :doh:

"And they were all of them, deceived." :worthy:

"Oh Holy Name":

This guy should have been around "Back In the Day": St Kevins, St Marys, St Raphaels, St Rose, St Lucys, St Josephs, St Mathias, St Roccos, Holy Family, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Our Lady of Lourdes, Our Lady of Loretto, and Notre Dame (As well as many many more) all were Parish drum corps. :doh:

Then we could slide on down to the "Maumee Demons", "Jersey Devils" and "Satan's Angels" to give the Blue Devils some company.

Some people have just TOO MUCH TIME on their hands.... :doh:

I wonder what he thinks of witches..... :doh:

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

Look what happened to that ball team from Florida (and they still don't have any fans!)

I read this while wearing my Evan Longoria Rays T-shirt. You know, once they exorcised their "Devil" they not only made the playoffs, but they also won their division, the ALCS, and went to the World Series. Quite a feat. This year... well, we're hoping for a wild card spot. :doh:

People will make a huge deal out of nothing. It's stupid. A smaller group of people make the rest look horrible. That happens to any kind of group, especially corps (as we've seen in various circumstances lately). But at least he was pretty respectful in the way he commented. I guess it's better than how others approach it. Heck, I'm a Baptist. My favorite book series is Harry Potter. And the Blue Devils? Well, they're ok. :doh:

This reminds me of those people who thought when the Cadets said "I believe in Choice" in 2007 they were talking about abortion rights. I still can't believe some people were serious about that.

This certainly reminds me of my Evangelical friends boycotting the Harry Potter movies.

I personally finds Boston "Crusaders" to be much more controversial.

Maybe the Boston Crusaders will change their name! HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha