Best Undefeated Corps

What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?

• 1982 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2009 Blue Devils

how many people voting actually witnessed 1982 Blue Devils ???

G

Never in person (it's a few years before my time) but I've seen it several times on DVD.

Oh, and I voted for 2000 Cadets.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted 1994 BD.

I really think this is the best choice. For those of you who have not seen this show...it's worth the cost of the FN or the DVD just for this show alone....although there were other great shows from 1994.

This was one of the finest drum corps performances I have ever witnessed and I've been watching since 1968.

I saw it for the first time in Madison for the Preview of Champions and it took at least 20 minutes to move my jaw off of my chin.

Awesome drum corps...and left no doubt they were the champions...not seriously challenged at all.

Tom and I agree. I saw BD on 7/1 in Allentown....and they just owned the place. I mean scores only got closer because of the fact that numbers management made it that way.

Tom and I agree. I saw BD on 7/1 in Allentown....and they just owned the place. I mean scores only got closer because of the fact that numbers management made it that way.

I will never forget that day in Allentown. I didnt know what to expect. I was shocked, stunned......

Everything you wrote about that show is so true.

The transition from the old to the new, the re-dedication to visual design and performance. Outstanding Colorguard design and performance and the sheer intensity of that show.....unbelievable.

I saw that show 19 times that year. That summer I used all my vacation time and followed them all over the US.

G

This recap is in error. I marched in the '75 Scouts and can attest that the only time we were beat was at prelims, which did not count as a contest back then. That is something that we were NOT happy with and made sure we corrected at finals, with a vengence. I also don't recall that we lost to anyone in brass that year either, so I think this recap is flawed.

We were undefeated in '75. It even says so on the ring.

CT

I was there and can attest to that. Clearly an undefeated season for Madison. Who gives a #### about prelims--not a show. We (Kilties) tied SCV in drums at that same prelim, same day--you think that went into some record book or counted for anything? HA! Believe me, getting our ##### kicked all year by Madison is not a fond memory but my hat's off to them--they smoked all comers. I guess that would make it the FIRST undefeated DCI season. Count the Midwest.

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

that was when the BD of old transitioned into the birth of the BD we see today. A renewed focus on visual demand...the old joke BD never marched over 144 died that year. The birth of the ScoJo influence on drumming.

face it, what we see today is a direct result of the drastic change in style BD displayed in 1994, even more so than Cavies 2002.

agrees wholeheartedly. the corps that overhauled drum corps as we knew it.

I was there and can attest to that. Clearly an undefeated season for Madison. Who gives a #### about prelims--not a show. We (Kilties) tied SCV in drums at that same prelim, same day--you think that went into some record book or counted for anything? HA! Believe me, getting our ##### kicked all year by Madison is not a fond memory but my hat's off to them--they smoked all comers. I guess that would make it the FIRST undefeated DCI season. Count the Midwest.

a show is a show.

if a corps places second on semifinals night and then wins on finals, we throw out the semis' score?

Oh...got it...we do....because it's madison.

Next.

a show is a show.

if a corps places second on semifinals night and then wins on finals, we throw out the semis' score?

Oh...got it...we do....because it's madison.

Next.

There were no semi finals in those days.

I will never forget that day in Allentown. I didnt know what to expect. I was shocked, stunned......

Everything you wrote about that show is so true.

The transition from the old to the new, the re-dedication to visual design and performance. Outstanding Colorguard design and performance and the sheer intensity of that show.....unbelievable.

I saw that show 19 times that year. That summer I used all my vacation time and followed them all over the US.

G

Interesting observation backed up by the fact that no corps has won more championships since then.

Edited by dckid80