In an email from DCI

#1 - DCI, or BOA, or ISSMA (Indiana HS Band Circuit) does NOT own the black drapery - Lucas Oil does. It would be absolutely silly for DCI to own such a thing for 2 reasons:

a) many stadiums already own some sort of drapery or seating covering, and

b) every stadium is built differently, and there would be absolutely no way that a curtain for one stadium could be used in another.

... Lucas Oil Stadium owns the current curtain, and will be the owners of future curtains.

I think the best solution for next year would be to either work on the ceiling or the wide-open end zones.

I was at the Colts preseason game last Friday. The roof and window were both open and I spent basically the entire game NOT watching my Colts and looking at how I would fix the sound for DCI :thumbup::ph34r::thumbup: :thumbup:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bill Cook if your reading this I got this idea, start a stadium accoustic counsulting and manufacturing company to make and distribut panels to stadiums across the country so that drum corps, rock concerts etc would give a better fan experience :)

That would make sense if they really gave a crap about musical acts. However the primary purpose of the stadium is to house the Colts! And NFL teams want ONE thing when they play at home......homefield advantage! They want that place as loud as they can. They want it deafening. Putting up acoustical panels to help out Kenny Chesney and some marching bands would really #### off Jim Irsay!

I wish they could pull a large wrap all the way across the top of the arena and completely box us in with black all the way around and up top.

The stadium doesn't belong to the Colts. They are a major tennant, however. But, this stadium can't just make it's payments based on 10 dates a year.

There has to be a portable solution. One that could fold away and then fold out when necessary. Come on engineers...to the rescue.

The stadium doesn't belong to the Colts. They are a major tennant, however. But, this stadium can't just make it's payments based on 10 dates a year.

There has to be a portable solution. One that could fold away and then fold out when necessary. Come on engineers...to the rescue.

No they don't own the stadium, but they have the most clout in what goes on in that stadium. Simply put, the Colts are the reason that stadium was built.....because if it wasn't.....there wouldn't be any Indy Colts at all now would there?

I agree...there must be something portable and wonderful that SOMEBODY can help pay for.

--sigh--

If they would just freakin' keep it in MADISON every year like I told them to, then we wouldn't be having this drama and discussion now would we?

Ryan H. Turner, vote for me...KING OF DCI (and The Voice of Southern California)

No they don't own the stadium, but they have the most clout in what goes on in that stadium. Simply put, the Colts are the reason that stadium was built.....because if it wasn't.....there wouldn't be any Indy Colts at all now would there?

I agree...there must be something portable and wonderful that SOMEBODY can help pay for.

the taxpayers (read voters) were the reason the stadium was built. Colts, can't sway....taxpayers....absolutely.

Make the case to the voters how much revenue DCI and MFA brings to Indy. Pretty persuasive argument if articulated well to the right audience.

Did "Mr Mayflower" Irsey threaten to move again.... :lol: (Mayflower was the moving company used in the Bal-mur to Indy middle of the night bug out.)

s/ Guy with a Baltimore Colts pennant in his basement.

the taxpayers (read voters) were the reason the stadium was built. Colts, can't sway....taxpayers....absolutely.

Make the case to the voters how much revenue DCI and MFA brings to Indy. Pretty persuasive argument if articulated well to the right audience.

better yet...show em how much they will lose if it continues and people stop coming