Troopers, Colts, or Academy?

Troopers, Colts, Academy  

259 members have voted

1. 1. There has been a lot of discussion about the battle for 12th...who did you feel had the strongest show in 2009?

• Troopers
    • Colts
    • Academy
  2. 2. Did Trooper's identity give them the final push over the competition?

• Yes
    • No

There has been a lot of discussion over the battle for 12th place between Troop, Colts, and the Academy. I would like to get a reading of exactly how many fans agreed with the judges' final placement of these corps. I am also interested to see how many people actually feel Trooper's identity and history helped give them an advantage over the competition.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at many just about every show this season, with exception of finals, atlanta, and maybe san antonio, the troopers were giong on before the colts and the academy. academy beat troopers at the very beginning of the season. the battle with the colts was a close one that started with a tie and then ended with the troopers being only .3 above the colts. given the fact that the troopers were going on before the other 2 corps for most of the season, it is evident that it wasnt the identity of the troopers helping them achieve that push into finals. the corps worked their tails off to stay ahead. i cant really say much about the performances themselves seeing as i was either warming up or changing into/out of uniform for my own performance. but the few chances i had to see shows the troopers had the show that stuck in my head.

I enjoyed all three shows. It was close between Troopers and Colts for sure. I give Troopers a slight edge in show design plus the horn line really sounded great!

I believe the Colts should have beaten them by about 1.5 -2 points. It's not anything against the Troopers, I like them and met some very wonderful people in their organization, and congrats goes out to them. It's just my opinion that the Colts were better all around and had the better show. Many, many reviews I've read all same the same thing, "I love the Troop but....... I thought the Colts were better or had them or were going to get 12th so I'm pretty confident its not a biased opinion".

Edited by bmroth1

There has been a lot of discussion over the battle for 12th place between Troop, Colts, and the Academy. I would like to get a reading of exactly how many fans agreed with the judges' final placement of these corps. I am also interested to see how many people actually feel Trooper's identity and history helped give them an advantage over the competition.

I can't vote on this. I wasn't at Indy. I can't imagine voting for which of these 3 Corps deserved 12th place when I didn't see a single one of them in Indy. And I can't imagine voting for one of these Corps at Indy based upon what they did when I saw them earlier in the season.

Those who were not in Indy for Finals Week, but voted in this poll anyway, are telling us which of these three Corps they liked during the season, not which one " deserved 12th " based upon anything they did or did not do in Indy during Finals Week.

Edited by BRASSO

Troopers were just better IMO, and they proved it.

Those who were not in Indy for Finals Week, but voted in this poll anyway, are telling us which of these three Corps they liked during the season, not which one " deserved 12th " based upon anything they did or did not do in Indy during Finals Week.

I didn't ask who deserved it. If you read what I wrote I said I wanted to see if fans agreed with the judges.

I didn't ask who deserved it. If you read what I wrote I said I wanted to see if fans agreed with the judges.

Well, how can one determine if they agreed or not with the judges in Indy for that 12th spot, if they wern't in Indy to see any of these 3 Corps perform in competition ?

Edited by BRASSO

Troopers earned it. Colts were good too, but troopers just had one heck of a show.