Troopers, Colts, or Academy?

Troopers, Colts, Academy  

259 members have voted

1. 1. There has been a lot of discussion about the battle for 12th...who did you feel had the strongest show in 2009?

• Troopers
    • Colts
    • Academy
  2. 2. Did Trooper's identity give them the final push over the competition?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Colts should have beaten them by about 1.5 -2 points. It's not anything against the Troopers, I like them and met some very wonderful people in their organization, and congrats goes out to them. It's just my opinion that the Colts were better all around and had the better show. Many, many reviews I've read all same the same thing, "I love the Troop but....... I thought the Colts were better or had them or were going to get 12th so I'm pretty confident its not a biased opinion".

I believe that you are terribly mistaken about Colts beating Troopers at all. I agree that Colts had a better CG, but, Troopers were far superior in percussion, had a more difficult and exposed musical book, and managed to have a better overall show. Of all the comments I read about the competition between Colts and Troopers I believe that about 70% of the people felt that the Troopers had the better show and overall corps. I hope that next year both corps will find a way to improve their shows and make finals without this "conspiracy" angle that so many people have alluded to in so many anti-Trooper posts. I saw the same thing when Troopers beat Crossmen in '79 and it was about the same amount of bs being spread then too!

I believe that you are terribly mistaken about Colts beating Troopers at all. I agree that Colts had a better CG, but, Troopers were far superior in percussion, had a more difficult and exposed musical book, and managed to have a better overall show. Of all the comments I read about the competition between Colts and Troopers I believe that about 70% of the people felt that the Troopers had the better show and overall corps. I hope that next year both corps will find a way to improve their shows and make finals without this "conspiracy" angle that so many people have alluded to in so many anti-Trooper posts. I saw the same thing when Troopers beat Crossmen in '79 and it was about the same amount of bs being spread then too!

ya know..... its over.... The Troopers got the nod....time to move on

The Colts were great at semis - their best show of the year

that is ALL that matters

Kind of interesting how more people thought the Troopers earned it, but yet more people also thought that the name got them in. How does that work? Either they earned it OR their name got them in. It can't be both ways. I am a Colt alumn and still feel Troopers earned it. Colts had their best show in awhile, but so did the Troopers. That is why there is shows, to fight it out on the field. If names get you in, Madison and Crossmen wouldn't have ever dropped out.

Well, how can one determine if they agreed or not with the judges in Indy for that 12th spot, if they wern't in Indy to see any of these 3 Corps perform in competition ?

uuuugh, stop it....

Are you seriously that dense??? You are actually telling me that I am incapable of stating my opinion after seeing all three of those corps 15 times throughout the season, including the quarterfinals cinecast? Go away...

Kind of interesting how more people thought the Troopers earned it, but yet more people also thought that the name got them in. How does that work? Either they earned it OR their name got them in. It can't be both ways. I am a Colt alumn and still feel Troopers earned it. Colts had their best show in awhile, but so did the Troopers. That is why there is shows, to fight it out on the field. If names get you in, Madison and Crossmen wouldn't have ever dropped out.

i agree, troopers earned it. if anything associated with the name did anything, it was they werent given as much credit because of the last 20some years. colts' name is what gave them more of a fighting chance against troopers. im not saying that the colts were bad, not by any stretch of the imagination. what i am saying is that the troopers identity of the very recent past has hurt the corps whereas the colts identity and reputation did not hurt them

i agree, troopers earned it. if anything associated with the name did anything, it was they werent given as much credit because of the last 20some years. colts' name is what gave them more of a fighting chance against troopers. im not saying that the colts were bad, not by any stretch of the imagination. what i am saying is that the troopers identity of the very recent past has hurt the corps whereas the colts identity and reputation did not hurt them

Before posting again, I highly suggest you review this website:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Thank you.

Before posting again, I highly suggest you review this website:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

Thank you.

i hope you realize that this is not a professional setting. as such, i will not take what you say as a piece of professional advice. given that this is a forum where people share their opinions, i will offer my own little opinion. me not punctuating and capitalizing everything correctly and what-have-you is not near as bad as some of what i have seen. people use the words theyre, their, and there at the wrong spot. when it is supposed to be theyre, people often tend to use their. getting into the whole semantics of everything would be way too time consuming. furthermore, i will not change my posting english just because you want me to. if you were ever to get an email from me, i guarantee that it will be in the proper professional aspect. in this setting, i just dont care.

back on topic, not to take from colts or academy, because they threw down all season in a very tremendous way. i applaud both groups. however, troopers threw down just a little more and the energy was just electric.

btw, everybody should visit the following site http://mylifeisaverage.com/

I was in Indy. Troopers had a better show, and were cleaner overall. I was a little surprised the gap wasn't a bit more to be honest. Personally I think the Colts are at risk of sinking into lower semi-finals oblivion if they don't have a big year in 2010.

Edited by BozzlyB

While I can't believe this thread is still active, I thought that I'd add one more thought.

The fact that we are still debating this in October is a pretty cool testament to how much talent there is in DCI these days. Judging by many people's opinions, there were at least 13 Finalist quality shows in 2009, and possibly even 14. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Here's hoping that next year is just as strong, if not stronger; I'd love to be debating about 15 corps that could've/should've been in Finals!