Troopers, Colts, or Academy?

Troopers, Colts, Academy  

259 members have voted

1. 1. There has been a lot of discussion about the battle for 12th...who did you feel had the strongest show in 2009?

• Troopers
    • Colts
    • Academy
  2. 2. Did Trooper's identity give them the final push over the competition?

• Yes
    • No

While I can't believe this thread is still active, I thought that I'd add one more thought.

The fact that we are still debating this in October is a pretty cool testament to how much talent there is in DCI these days. Judging by many people's opinions, there were at least 13 Finalist quality shows in 2009, and possibly even 14. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Here's hoping that next year is just as strong, if not stronger; I'd love to be debating about 15 corps that could've/should've been in Finals!

I agree! I like what one of the other posters in this thread had to say about the top 8 having to look over their shoulders. That would be awesome.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so happy to see the Troopers back and better than ever. That being said I LOVED the Colts show. The theme was incorporate so well and the music arrangements were great. But I do think that Troopers were a little cleaner and that probably made the difference. I really liked The Academy and I think if championships would have been week later they would have made finals. When I saw them in Houston my opinion was that the show was unbelievably dirty and there was no way they could clean it up....... But they worked hard and the result was great.

I would like to pose a question in regard to Blue Knights and Troopers both in finals. Is there enough talent for these two corps to recruit from in that part of the country? I know that camps are done in other places but the majority of members are still local. Love to hear some thoughts on this.

I was so happy to see the Troopers back and better than ever. That being said I LOVED the Colts show. The theme was incorporate so well and the music arrangements were great. But I do think that Troopers were a little cleaner and that probably made the difference. I really liked The Academy and I think if championships would have been week later they would have made finals. When I saw them in Houston my opinion was that the show was unbelievably dirty and there was no way they could clean it up....... But they worked hard and the result was great.

I would like to pose a question in regard to Blue Knights and Troopers both in finals. Is there enough talent for these two corps to recruit from in that part of the country? I know that camps are done in other places but the majority of members are still local. Love to hear some thoughts on this.

Drum corps is not a regional activity anymore. I'm 17+ (drive) hours away from the nearest camp. Here is a breakdown of the home states (and countries) of the 2009 Troopers:

Wyoming: 6

Texas: 33

Colorado: 11

Utah: 11

Idaho: 9

North Carolina: 8

Washington: 4

Oklahoma: 4

Tennessee: 3

Louisiana: 3

Ohio: 3

Indiana: 3

Mississippi: 3

Nebraska: 3

Oregon: 3

Virginia: 3

Nevada: 3

Michigan: 2

California: 2

Japan: 2

Florida: 1

New Mexico: 1

Arkansas: 1

New Jersey: 1

Kansas: 1

time to move on .

tropopers made iit .

Colts did not.