Mini Corps Championships....who will take second?

Looking forward to seeing Mass Brass, Golden Eagles, MCL.

I'm especially interested in Ghost Riders this year. Based on some YouTubage, I think the group from Parts Unknown may be quietly moving into position to shock the world.

Safe travels everyone!!

Hannibel.jpg

The You Tubage was early in the season and many positive things have happenned in the Ghost camp since. Our percussionist's are none other than BillMcGrath Jr (DCA HOF MEMBER) and the addition of the extremely talented John Klein (2000 Ghost Riders Champion). We are very pleased to have John back with us this year. Our brass line is full and we are extemely pleased with their attention to detail and musical abilities across the line.

The comments we continue to hear this year is how musical we have become especially over the last couple months. These comments are from Drum Corps and Non-Drum Corps people alike. Everyone will be on their game.

The level of this competition has moved to amazing new heights in 14 years since Ghost Riders hit the stage the frist time. The idea and formation of the group had one purpose .... to compete again. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to work as hard as we have and continue this thing we call Ghost for 14 consecutive championships without missing one. Now as I become older I truly believe Ghost Riders will continue even when I'm gone ..... I hope I'm not going yet ..... I still have a show to play Friday night !!!!

Good Luck to everyone and see you all in Rochester ...... break a leg !!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have done well Doug...thanks for keeping this going, I enjoy it as well. Nice practice last night. Even our alumni were quite surprised at the sound of the corps.

Donny

C'mon - you know you like a little war now and then...

Moi? :rolleyes:

Moi? :rolleyes:

Oui

Cue theme from JAWS......

3878942332_ac9283d0e8.jpg

All kidding aside...everyone have a safe trip and lets have some FUN!!!

Could someone clarify what DA said about the sheets? What is the criteria that the judges have to go by, or are they given permission to change what the caption really is to what they want it to be. is clean more important than entertaining or crowd reaction, is there sub captions, and what are they and do they give equal credit to all captions? This way we all could make good judgement's about who should be second. But again what is DCA MINI CORPS meant to be about? To find the "best" for sure, no one disagree's with that, but is "best"? When you walk away humming a great show that gave you(my favorite) goose bump moments and you hum them all the way to you car or is it when you say to yourself or a a buddy man they were so freakin clean, I don't know what it was but it was done great, and you forget about what it sounded like before you get to your car. Okay blast me all you want, but for the record when GR won the first time and made the crowd go crazy with there music and there wheel on stage, and they did a junior corps as an encore, remember the yellow jackets, made the Bridgemen proud I'm sure, they made a huge leap in mini corps entertainment. now semi circle and ultra clean. It's just my opinion and i mean no disrespect to any of mini-corps or any one with that much musical ability and talent. Best of luck to everybody and please have a safe trip here and back home.

The way it was explained to me - the winner of the competition is the group that does 'what they do' better than the other groups do 'what they do'. Regardless - it's all top notch entertainment. Thats why we all do this little gig called Mini-Corps. It's a real hoot to play for a crowd thats fired up for great music!

If someone didn't know a song any of the corps performed before the competition, they probably couldn't hum it back to the car after seeing it performed one time anywho.... So I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. Catchy tunes are cool - but wouldn't be a factor. IMO

Each corps has an entity - all of it is entertainment. It comes down to who does 'what they do' best.

Safe travels to all!!!! One of the best weekends in all of drum corps awaits!!!!

I still think a sleeper is lurking.... you gotta check these guys out....

:tongue: