DCA TONIGHT !

I was on the field.... helping run the retreat... absolutely a ridiculous comment about Bush... While the subtle gesture was noticed from Cabs which brought a bit of a smile to my face... (Carolina too, although I'm not totally sure they didn't go that way because they were on the far end near the exit and were expected to go that way to play to the audience - but if it was intentional to honor hurcs... good for them) I would rather propose that DM Chris Killian was in the critique and the young lady standing in from the brass line simply didn't think of it...

Going towards the far endzone meant a VERY long walk around the back of the stadium. Considering the extreme heat, perhaps it was a wise decision to take the quick way out...

Miight I suggest that it would be far more productive to mention what a wonderful show Bush ran... and what a wonderful facility this was... GREAT show... run nearly perfectly...

and the band clinic run by Bush all afternoon was exceptional... over 100 kids... hands on experience with the enitre staff participating. Creative, successful and most productive for the future of the activity for all...

I congratulate all for a wonderful day of drum corps..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Bushwacker's drum majors should always carry GPS devices! And it is ironic that the Cabs would pick up on this subtle gesture of malcontent. But hey, this is what DCA could use...a little more chutzpah!!

I was at the Toms River show Saturday night and enjoyed great performances by all the corps there. The only downside to the entire evening was the behavior of the Bushwackers at their own show.

While all the other units on retreat saluted the winner of the night, the Hurricanes, by passing in review on their way off the field, the Bushwackers elected to turn their backs on the Hurcs and exit the field in the opposite direction.

Once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity. Jay if you're reading this... isn't it time to clean up your organization's act? How about an apology to the Hurricanes for your lack of respect?

As a proud member of the Bushwacker Alumni, I would like for you to explain your comment "once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity". I was a member of the corps for almost 10 years and always found the corps to have more then many others out there.

Jay, keep up the good work and continue to make the alumni proud.

Go BUSH!!

As a proud member of the Bushwacker Alumni, I would like for you to explain your comment "once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity". I was a member of the corps for almost 10 years and always found the corps to have more then many others out there.

Jay, keep up the good work and continue to make the alumni proud.

Go BUSH!!

As a marching member of the Hurcs (and this being my opinion), how could we be mad at the corps who provided all of the competing unts the BEST showers of the season thus far? Temperature control AND water pressure combined are a good thing!

Oh.....the chesseburger aromatherapy was nice, too. Made me wish there were at least 2 alumni corps there so I could get one or three instead of lining up for retreat as soon as we exited the competition field.

Good practice site, nice showers, nice crowd, and cheeseburger aromatherapy. Thanks, guys ;)

I am simply stating an actual event that happened and witnessed by everyone in attendance. If there was an explanation they reply appropriately.

you posted this at 2am, when most corps members are away for the entire weekend ... i am sure someone from the administration will reply to you when they are back from working their butts off this weekend

Miight I suggest that it would be far more productive to mention what a wonderful show Bush ran... and what a wonderful facility this was... GREAT show... run nearly perfectly...

and the band clinic run by Bush all afternoon was exceptional... over 100 kids... hands on experience with the enitre staff participating. Creative, successful and most productive for the future of the activity for all...

I congratulate all for a wonderful day of drum corps..

i heard the clinic was amazing .. pics i saw from the guard alone was awesome - looked to be like 60 flags on the field at the clinic :thumbup:

The Bushwackers, and the Inbhear Mor Marching Band, were instructed to leave the field to their left at the instruction of staff who was in charge of the corps gate. That was me.

There was absolutely no attempt at disrespecting the Hurricanes. This was the fastest and easiest way of exiting the field in the event the Hurricanes wanted to perform a victory concert, which was their choice. The Hurcs colorguard left their equipment in the far right endzone, which I assumed they would use in the event they won the show. That is why I was preparing a possible victory concert. They decided not to, which is also their choice.

The Cabs and Gold decided to exit to their right, which was an extremely long way around, but also their choice. So, there is no wrong answer here. It was the end to a long day for all the corps and we wanted them to get some down time.

So if you want to blame someone, you can blame me. However, the remarks about the Bushwackers are absolutely absurd. The Bushwacers ARE a class act in DCA and we DO NOT need to clean up our act as an organization. The Hurricanes are having a tremendous season. This was a wonderful show. There is no need to look for any hidden agendas.

If the Huricanes were upset, I truly apologize. I will personally seek out Jim Dugan at the Bridgeport show and appologize in person. It was not meant as any disrepect to their organization. Thank you to John Adcock, Tom Peashey and North Haven Cont for understanding we never meant any harm and for your support here. Drum corps is good, life is short, enjoy.

I was at the Toms River show Saturday night and enjoyed great performances by all the corps there. The only downside to the entire evening was the behavior of the Bushwackers at their own show.

While all the other units on retreat saluted the winner of the night, the Hurricanes, by passing in review on their way off the field, the Bushwackers elected to turn their backs on the Hurcs and exit the field in the opposite direction.

Once again the Bushwackers exhibit their lack of class in the drum corps activity. Jay if you're reading this... isn't it time to clean up your organization's act? How about an apology to the Hurricanes for your lack of respect?

I'm sorry, friend. I didn't get your name. Sounds like there's a little chip on your shoulder. Would you care to discuss it with me during the week? It would be my pleasure to help you out. I'm looking forward to meeting with you. Have a nice day!

The Hurricanes board, marching members, instructional staff and support staff have recieved an apology from the Bushwacker organization.

Last nights mistake was not intentional.

For anyone who witnessed the show last evening, Our sincere apoligies.

Jay Morlot

Bushwackers

As a member of the Hurricanes Management and staff and ###. DM, the person who posted the comment about the Bushwackers is not in any way associated with the Hurricanes. We thank the hosts of the show and the wonderful crowd in Toms River. There was no disrespect taken from Bush.