Rules Proposal 4

Vote  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Woo Hoo!
    • Boooo
    • Abstain

Rule Change: Live Season Caption Points

Rationale: Caption points for the lowest corps used should never go over 2. Class A is hard enough as it is, but not having lower point values, left very few options as to where to go with caption changes. Thus we had a lot of dupe messages is Class this past season.

If we have 23 or more World Class corps no problem. But if the number should ever fall below that, we shift the top corps down to 20 point and the bottom of the class would all be valued at 1 point each.

Submitted by: VK Org.

Edit: My OP have under 2. and I meant over 2.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abstain

I can understand the rationale behind the idea and would say yes because it would help out a lot in the caption selection.

On the other hand, this forces the high value corps' scores to lower, meaning that more of the "better" corps will be available for the same amount of points that each fantasy corps already holds, equalling a higher scoring season. I would think that the total amount of points each fantasy scores is given would have to be adjusted on a yearly basis to match whatever the value of the highest placed corps is for whatever season...IMO

No.

I can follow Eddie's rationale- it's essentially "squashing" the top groups lower, offsetting the gain that's made by dropping the lower corps' scores more.

Class A WAS very hard to win this year because there were only a couple of viable corps in the live season that gave higher results than their value, which is basic strategy for this league. Normally pickings aren't so slim. It's also worth noting that there are 2 more low-value corps to play with for this offseason (Surf and Cascades) and there are a few good numbers down there, so this season's situation shouldn't repeat any time soon.

Also consider that over the next few seasons, it's possible that corps like Teal Sound, Cap Reg and Southwind may be jumping up to WC (or returning to competition, in SW's case). Something to keep an eye on down the road, but I don't think we need this now.

Abstain.

Doesn't really matter to me either way.

Yes

Abstain.

Doesn't really matter to me either way.

I'm with him on this one. Let's just have some fun! :thumbup:

FDO ABSTAINS.

yes

No.

I enjoy the challenge.