Worst Championships Venue

I'm trying to remember how the LA guys blew it the last time....

Let's face it, tho...if building a new stadium is going to be the key point, it ain't happening for years....not in this economy.

They blew it because they couldn't keep Al Davis happy. Granted, AL can't keep Al happy...

As far as not getting stadiums built in this economy, here's a brief list of what all's gone up in the past few years

Florida Atlantic's building a new stadium in 2010-11

MinnesOta Golden Gophers are putting the finishing touches on a new outdoor stadium that'll open this fall

Jerryworld's opening up in about a month

Yanks and Mets just spent a billion each on their new parks

That's just a few, but it's certainly possible

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They blew it because they couldn't keep Al Davis happy. Granted, AL can't keep Al happy...

God Himself can't keep Al Davis happy!

As far as not getting stadiums built in this economy, here's a brief list of what all's gone up in the past few years

Florida Atlantic's building a new stadium in 2010-11

MinnesOta Golden Gophers are putting the finishing touches on a new outdoor stadium that'll open this fall

Jerryworld's opening up in about a month

Yanks and Mets just spent a billion each on their new parks

That's just a few, but it's certainly possible

I'm pretty sure those economies are in better shape than California's, tho. We're a wreck out here.

1. Bloomington - What can I say? Other than no hotel space in the city, It was easy to get to, easy to park, and was just perfectly designed for drumcorps.

2. College Park - The closest finals to my home other than Atlanta. Great concert side. College campus location, proximity to DC and traffic flow was pretty good. Ok parking

3. Indianapolis - Great everything.....except the acoustics. The only thing that is keeping this from #1 on my list is the sound, but everything else makes up for it.

4. Orlando - Crappy weather, crappy heat, crappy neighborhood. But I enjoyed it. Plus Disney right there helps alot

5. Madison - I don't get it. It's nice like Bloomington, but I just don't get it, No real lots. Not alot of underneath space. Incredible walk.

6. Foxboro -wretched seats...wretched walk up to the top...wretched parking at $25 each day. Wretched elevator bell.....and wretched people.

We need to have an NFL team down here first, unfortunately.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the Chargers could pull up stake and move to L.A.

It's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the Chargers could pull up stake and move to L.A.

I think that is the best option really.

I"m not sure who blew it..was it a lackluster offer from the NFL To the city of Anaheim or did Anaheim want a lot more things than NFL could offer?? Either way I really think someone majorily screwed that one up big time..because Anaheim has the commerce and tourism history experience and defintely knows how to host big events.

Edited by Zeke

I was at all the locations listed and then some, but the worst by far was Lucas Oil. I still can't believe I actually saw an indoor finals... worst location ever for me. I have no issues with the area though; I did like the city. If only they could move the show location to Bloomington for the rest of them... I had no idea how good we had it last year.

:throwupen:

We need to have an NFL team down here first, unfortunately.

If you build it, they will come ... No, wait. That's baseball.

Jackson, MS., hands-down worst ever.

No direct flights

2+ hour drive from New Orleans

Hotter than ####### hell

#### hotels

God-awful stadium

Rained during finals

Horrible, horrible town ... Why someone would put a city there is beyond me.

That's my home man! You don't talk about a man's home like that! :throwupen:

In all seriousness though - I aged out in Jackson so from a members perspective I can say that it was erm... less than ideal? We had to walk past crumbling crack houses to get to our practice field all week if that tells you anything.

But one thing that I have to disagree on - again, from a member's perspective - I thought the field itself is one of the nicest I've ever marched on. The turf was perfect. There was nice hedging around the perimeter of the field. And I guess DCI had the field painted or something and it had a nice deep shade of green and the DCI logo painted on each 15 yard line looked nice. It looks great on the videos (which, purely by coincidence, I was watching the 93 vids when I came across this thread). Compare that to the mud pit in Foxboro the following year in 94 which looks absolutely terrible on the videos.