Forget Woodwinds – Beware of WGI

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Hockey Rinks are something like 80 feet x 200 feet. That's not too much smaller the the amount of surface corps utilize now. Yes, I envision ensembles (casts?) in number of 90-100. That would more than fill the space without having to amplify the entire front sideline. So, as another poster mentioned Blast, yes. A bigger, enhanced production that would be enjoyed by an audience viewing from now-elevated seating.

I'm not sure an arena version is a practical evolution going forward, but do believe the concept needs to be studied over the next decade. There are benefits, maybe not enough.

Blast was very amplified 

6 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Hockey Rinks are something like 80 feet x 200 feet. That's not too much smaller the the amount of surface corps utilize now. Yes, I envision ensembles (casts?) in number of 90-100. That would more than fill the space without having to amplify the entire front sideline. So, as another poster mentioned Blast, yes. A bigger, enhanced production that would be enjoyed by an audience viewing from now-elevated seating.

When was the last time DCI reduced the number of members per corps?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

When was the last time DCI reduced the number of members per corps?

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Maybe never?

Two things come to mind:

First, wasn't there only one MM change in DCI's history, from 128 to 150?

Second, does anyone know where the number 128 came from?  Did school buses hold 64 people in 1972?  I first think in some combination of 64k but they didn't have computers then.  So, why 128? 

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

As a clarinetist.... this makes me chuckle. Lol

I didn’t know you could reed!

• Haha 1