Spartans 2010!

Just recieved this as a Spartans alumni. This was sent to my facebook!

"Spartans Alumni Network:

I wanted you to be the first to hear the great news: The Spartans will be returning to the competition field in 2010. To that end, the administration has put together the start of a great Teaching Staff. Leading the charge will be me as your Executive Director and as the Corps Director will be Richard Rigolini. He will be in charge of our drum corps operations along with Ann Prendegast as Operations Director. Our design team consists of Gilles Ouellette, Chris Dufault, Lenny Machado, and Peter Furnari. Plans are already underway for recruiting, fundraising and show design. Although there are many details to come (please watch www.SpartansDBC.org for updates) I wanted you to know that the Spartans are back! For all of you who have helped and sent messages of support, I thank you. We did it, we are back!

PG LaFlamme "

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what happened to the Spartans. I thought the spartans Drum Corps is awesome, not because our school's mascot is the spartan, but because of their uniforms and the music lol.

Theres some old threads about it, but there was a huge shake up with staff after the 07 seasons. They bombed in 08 (14th place), didn't field in 09. All those staff members are returning after leaving back then. It was said by many of FMM's that the staff made that corps, and when the staff left, they left. Anyways. This is huge news!

A-hoo! :tongue:

Welcome back!

This makes me excited.

With Lenny and Richard going back to Spartans; what is going to happen with the Citations - both staff and member wise? The Citations finally got their act together thanks to these two people; I hate to see what will come for the 2010 season. Does the Spartans even have any kids lined up? Don't get me wrong; I am glad the Spartans are back on the radar map..it is refreshing to see corps come back after being inactive --- but this whole Citations/Spartans sitatution is a tad out of control.

Edited by skippy03