Their Highest Score

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you re-do this exercise and create 2 lists?

One list for the old scoring system (through 1983?) and one for the current system.

There are quite a few corps from back in the day that have results that look skewed too low on the combined list.

For example, the Anaheim Kingsman with an 88.45 in 1st place in 1972 really isn't a good comparison to the 2008 Blue Stars 90.425 in 8th place.

(NO disrespect to the Blue Stars - just a different era.)

I'll second this. Its a fascinating score sheet, but the difference between "build up" and "tear down" would be great to see. Do it with your spare time, please!

One list for the old scoring system (through 1983?) and one for the current system.

There are quite a few corps from back in the day that have results that look skewed too low on the combined list.

For example, the Anaheim Kingsman with an 88.45 in 1st place in 1972 really isn't a good comparison to the 2008 Blue Stars 90.425 in 8th place.

(NO disrespect to the Blue Stars - just a different era.)

Fair enough. I can work on this early next week.

How about this. Of the 35 HIGHER finals scores than Crown '09, all 35 of them were scored by Cavaliers, Cadets, BD, SCV and Phantom.

Considering those are all the corps ahead of them on the list, that would only make sense.

I am not even sure how that works. The sheets that have impacted DCI era corps have been evolving for 40 years. It will never be an apples to apples comparison from year to year.

You should not have called Magic of Orlando, "The Magic".

Many Magic of Orlando members participated before that organization choose to dissolve itself from their previous members. Magic of Orlando should be the name of all of the records put out before the board of directors re-branded the corps. I was never a member of "The Magic" in 02 and 03.

Also, if you are saying DCI Finals you are being insensitive. There are other corps who were in a division other than div I. I know this is a "World Class" discussion, but by saying DCI Finals without qualification is incorrect. There are/have been DCI finals that does not include Div I/World Class.

I am not even sure how that works. The sheets that have impacted DCI era corps have been evolving for 40 years. It will never be an apples to apples comparison from year to year.

That is true - however, there is a definite line of demarcation in the early 80's when the system changed from a tic based system to a build-up system.

You should not have called Magic of Orlando, "The Magic".

Many Magic of Orlando members participated before that organization choose to dissolve itself from their previous members. Magic of Orlando should be the name of all of the records put out before the board of directors re-branded the corps. I was never a member of "The Magic" in 02 and 03.

Also, if you are saying DCI Finals you are being insensitive. There are other corps who were in a division other than div I. I know this is a "World Class" discussion, but by saying DCI Finals without qualification is incorrect. There are/have been DCI finals that does not include Div I/World Class.

Stop being so ******* sensitive (calling someone else insensitive). Wow.