Their Highest Score

That is true - however, there is a definite line of demarcation in the early 80's when the system changed from a tic based system to a build-up system.

You can certainly see the obvious differences. First place used to 88's and numbers like that, maybe a 90-91...in the early tic based days. Nowdays you may not make finals with that score.

Donny

Purple Lancers 1974

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being so ******* sensitive (calling someone else insensitive). Wow.

Sorry--but I will not. I marched with Magic of Orlando, and I will defend its name. Sensitive? Yes--that is where I grew up.

You should not have called Magic of Orlando, "The Magic".

Many Magic of Orlando members participated before that organization choose to dissolve itself from their previous members. Magic of Orlando should be the name of all of the records put out before the board of directors re-branded the corps. I was never a member of "The Magic" in 02 and 03.

Also, if you are saying DCI Finals you are being insensitive. There are other corps who were in a division other than div I. I know this is a "World Class" discussion, but by saying DCI Finals without qualification is incorrect. There are/have been DCI finals that does not include Div I/World Class.

Go make your own list.....

And your last paragraph....huh ??

Magic, Magic of Orlando, doesnt matter and pretty much anyone reading this "gets it" ...

G

Go make your own list.....

And your last paragraph....huh ??

Magic, Magic of Orlando, doesnt matter and pretty much anyone reading this "gets it" ...

G

Dude seriously, I was not criticizing your list. I was just hoping that members who participated in Magic of Orlando are given the respect they deserve.

One name per corps, please.

I do not have separate entries for The Magic and Magic of Orlando for the same reason I don't have separate entries for Holy Name Cadets/Garfield Cadets/Cadets of Bergen County/The Cadets, or for the De La Salle Oaklands/Oakland Crusaders.

Regardless of the hard feelings you bear towards the early-21st Century staff/directors of the corps, Magic of Orlando and The Magic are the same entity.

Sorry--but I will not. I marched with Magic of Orlando, and I will defend its name. Sensitive? Yes--that is where I grew up.

if u wouldnt mind, id like u to point out sensitive on a map :sarcasm: haha, but seriously, u need to chill out, we all get what he meant

Seriously mates--this is getting so off topic.

Also, many people reading this does get it. But this isn't about getting it or not, its about historical accuracy. I have never been a member of "The Magic", but I was a member of Magic of Orlando. When the board of directors re-branded the corps as "the magic" they went back on everything that our corps accomplished in 02 and 03.

Seriously mates--this is getting so off topic.

Also, many people reading this does get it. But this isn't about getting it or not, its about historical accuracy. I have never been a member of "The Magic", but I was a member of Magic of Orlando. When the board of directors re-branded the corps as "the magic" they went back on everything that our corps accomplished in 02 and 03.

:sarcasm: So you mean lets move on.........but let me make another point before we do......

Too funny "mate"

:sarcasm: So you mean lets move on.........but let me make another point before we do......

Too funny "mate"

I'm willing to stick on this topic and have a good debate about it, but I was worried that the mod-nazi's may move in =p

However, my points are valid. "The Magic" has never had any accomplishes in Division I. Magic of Orlando has several finals performances and broke many records.

I'm willing to stick on this topic and have a good debate about it, but I was worried that the mod-nazi's may move in =p

However, my points are valid. "The Magic" has never had any accomplishes in Division I. Magic of Orlando has several finals performances and broke many records.

so the people this year shouldn't claim anything from the past few years since those shows were done by The Cadets instead of Holy Name Cadets? makes alot of sense :sarcasm::worthy: