(All in good fun) My prediction

Alliance not only makes finals but does some damage within the top 10.

7th place or so. They have the talent, show design and drive to pull this off.

Your thoughts ? :thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is hard to make that call seeing I haven't seen any of the north corps this season. I think they have by far the best show representing the south open class, could be a little cleaner, but it is highly energetic and entertaining. I saw them a few times and really enjoyed their performance. But, to compare against something I haven't seen....I just can't say. I'd sure like to see them shake things up.

I know you cannot compare groups from previous seasons, but if Alliance was competing last year with this show, they would be placing 6th place. So... I use that as my guage. Plus, I have seen online performances by the Brigs and Renegades. I think they should be ahead both those shows in show design alone.

... don't get me wrong, those shows are great. I just think Alliance's is better (that is, of course, and opinion). We will find out soon enough. The only thing that concerns me is if the judges "get it right" with Alliance and the rest of the southern corps most likely performing early during Prelims. They really are THAT good this year!

Interesting No one seemd to think the Kilties are going to do very well. I see they have had some good scores this year. To the point they in 9th place going into Rochester. All I seem to see on DCP is how Great Alliacnce and MCL are. CorVets and Kilties may mess up your plans

Then it seems to be all about Fusion on DCP. Well, I would have to say that Govies and Grens may put on shows that make some of you take notice about things also.

Counting chickens early can lead to a conclusion that may be different than you (many) think.

GO Kilties and Grens.

But, Best of LUCK to ALL!!!!

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Did someone mention Kilties or MCL in this thread? So far it only looks like Alliance.

... as for the Fusion hype (also not mentioned in this thread), I would take notice of all of the Grenadiers hype as well. They aren't alone using the hype train.

I still stand by my past post. Take a look at the reviews (even by Corpsvet alumni), people in the South have taken notice of how good Alliance is... they certainly aren't MY plans. I think Alliance is good enough without me meddling in their plans. Sometimes you have to take notice of something that is good, and realize that it is what it is... even if you don't like it.

With that being said, I have not seen the Kilties this year, therefore I have not made any comments regarding them. They did however achieve a higher seeding score than Alliance last year, and were beaten by them last year (and Alliance was Class A)... I'll take my chances.

Edited by BOSMarcher

Interesting No one seemd to think the Kilties are going to do very well. I see they have had some good scores this year. To the point they in 9th place going into Rochester. All I seem to see on DCP is how Great Alliacnce and MCL are. CorVets and Kilties may mess up your plans

Then it seems to be all about Fusion on DCP. Well, I would have to say that Govies and Grens may put on shows that make some of you take notice about things also.

Counting chickens early can lead to a conclusion that may be different than you (many) think.

GO Kilties and Grens.

they talk how great are alliance and mcl compare with last year. Alliance is the new group and is surprising how big is the difference compare with last year. Last year Alliance was mainly percussion this year they have a great brass and colorguard. MCL is bigger and louder and is so close to the top 10. They have improve a lot compare with last year too. They don't talk about corpsvets and kilties because they are groups that always been stable in their placements and its not as impressive because we are used to it. Don't get me wrong but the difference between MCL and Alliance with kilties and Corpsvets isnt that far (scoring wise) that is why they give more props to the new or underdogs. Also south Corps have not been in the fight for top 8 this past years and now there is a possibility that they can finally start to compete with the big guys.

they talk how great are alliance and mcl compare with last year. Alliance is the new group and is surprising how big is the difference compare with last year. Last year Alliance was mainly percussion this year they have a great brass and colorguard. MCL is bigger and louder and is so close to the top 10. They have improve a lot compare with last year too. They don't talk about corpsvets and kilties because they are groups that always been stable in their placements and its not as impressive because we are used to it. Don't get me wrong but the difference between MCL and Alliance with kilties and Corpsvets isnt that far (scoring wise) that is why they give more props to the new or underdogs. Also south Corps have not been in the fight for top 8 this past years and now there is a possibility that they can finally start to compete with the big guys.

Ok, you said it better than me. I agree with this.

Interesting No one seemd to think the Kilties are going to do very well.

GO Kilties and Grens.

GO MAD PLAID!!!

Govies too!

You said it better than I ever could have. They have the brass and guard to match that great drumline.

My predictions/hunch about them I made was because of a nice over head clip I found of their show.

I was rather impressed. Cant wait to see them live. :rolleyes: