(All in good fun) My prediction

I have to disagree with you MrFun. A lot of groups have fast tempos and they are jazz running but i dont think their shows is that demanding. If im not wrong, their entire show is around 180bpm except for the ballad. they are marching most of the time. Im guessing they have around 100 sets or maybe more, and from the shows i have seen, the other corps dont change or move around the field as much as Alliance. In the jazz running part, well i think they jazz run like 3 times and this are real jazz running not 8/5 steps that other corps try to jazz run so it looks cool. Its true that many groups have younger people, but this group is one of the youngest. im guessing most of their hornline are high schoolers and they are already in the same level of some groups that have mostly vets? i think thats impressive. Im not trying to say that Alliance is the best of the best because they have many things to fix and adjust but in my opinions this show is not the usual dca show. Im if u can see them in prelims look at their uniforms after they perform... they look like they just ran a marathon in their uniforms! i dont think i have ever seen a dca group sweat as much as them after a show.

After all that said i think every south corps are doing a great job and i think this is the best representation that the DCA south have ever had. I wish every south corps good luck!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I am sure that these KIDS are great... And in another 30 years they will be seasoned and great! I can't wait to see them!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with you MrFun. A lot of groups have fast tempos and they are jazz running but i dont think their shows is that demanding. If im not wrong, their entire show is around 180bpm except for the ballad. they are marching most of the time. Im guessing they have around 100 sets or maybe more, and from the shows i have seen, the other corps dont change or move around the field as much as Alliance. In the jazz running part, well i think they jazz run like 3 times and this are real jazz running not 8/5 steps that other corps try to jazz run so it looks cool. Its true that many groups have younger people, but this group is one of the youngest. im guessing most of their hornline are high schoolers and they are already in the same level of some groups that have mostly vets? i think thats impressive. Im not trying to say that Alliance is the best of the best because they have many things to fix and adjust but in my opinions this show is not the usual dca show. Im if u can see them in prelims look at their uniforms after they perform... they look like they just ran a marathon in their uniforms! i dont think i have ever seen a dca group sweat as much as them after a show.

After all that said i think every south corps are doing a great job and i think this is the best representation that the DCA south have ever had. I wish every south corps good luck!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I am sure that these KIDS are great... And in another 30 years they will be seasoned and great! I can't wait to see them!

Why do we put down the kids that choose to be part of DCA? :rolleyes:

Just wondering....

Wow, I would have to disagree with you on many levels.

Im quite sure that Alliance has a very demanding show. I have no doubt. But to say someone like Hurcs, Cabs, and Bucs do not have a demanding show is crazy. They sweat and are out of breath just as much as everyone. A good example is Hurcs Show. I think its their 3rd or 4th song Red pony. There are alot of notes in that song. And they are moving alot. THey donot do 8 to 5. its more like a 6 to 5 the entire song. I promise you Cabs run around that field from start to finish.

Everyone has a demanding show. All of these groups are young and reaching for the top. Jazz running, while playing, point blank sucks. I cannot think of a brass player who would want to jazz run to make it look "cool". Plus it looks bad trying to jazz run when it is not needed. I just ask that before you say someones show isnt demanding, pick up a tuba, and go march their drill.

Good luck to everyone next week. I am sure everyone is going to bust their butts and put on a high energy, high DEMANDING show.

well like i said this is my opinion and i played and marched many instruments in my life so i know how it feels to march and jazz run with a tuba and i really want to see whatever u r telling about the other groups because i havent seen it yet and maybe im wrong. i dont know i have to wait till i flight to prelims.

Just wondering....

No kidding... when some of them go off to DCI, and then age out, a lot of times they come back to the circuit they started in.

Speaking from experience...

Hmmm, me thinks someone marches for Alliance, is a friend of an Alliance member or is really young and quite doesn't see the entire picture. Maybe even not see what DCA is like.

Alliance will have to cut their teeth and pay their dues, it's part of the DCA experience.

Also, DEMAND isn't on the sheets anymore. Corps voted it out so they could play easy books clean to get points.

Alliance will have to cut their teeth and pay their dues, it's part of the DCA experience.

Also, DEMAND isn't on the sheets anymore. Corps voted it out so they could play easy books clean to get points.

These two statements bother me... and not because they are un-true. I hear this statement a lot and I do not understand it. "Paying dues" should not be an issue for corps if they are simply performing at a higher level than their competition. I will agree that some judges give experienced groups the benefit of the doubt for less than stellar runs. I think that Alliance has proven themselves this season, and should be rewarded accordingly.

Side note - demand should be a factor, and I still think judges take it into consideration. Otherwise, someone could come out and play "Marry had a Little Lamb" and score a higher score than someone attempting Beethoven's "Eroica Symphony." When two groups are achieving the same level, the group with the higher demand should win... it is simple. No politics involved.

I am choosing to believe that the judges of DCA will call it right when Prelims roles around.

Also, I have seen the Bushwackers, Empire, the Hurcs, and Renegades. With that being said, I think Alliance has more visual demand (and music in some cases than all of these groups). These groups each have challenging shows, and I am not saying that Alliance executes better than all of them, but it is what it is.

Also again - why does someone have to be a former marcher, friend or family member of a marcher to be supportive of think they will do well? Clearly there are several people on this forum that are not associated with the group (including myself) that believe they have a great shot.

Just wondering....

i dont get it either......especially when many of us started as kids, even those bashing