(All in good fun) My prediction

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I would personally LOVE to have demand back on the sheets.

It bothers me as well to say that they need to "cut their teeth" or "pay their dues" but it is that way. No one in DCA can deny it. Specifically speaking, the corps I used to march for should have scored higher and placed higher many times when they were Open Class. Do you think the judges were brave enough to put the team from Canada above corps that have been in DCA for years and years? Of course not!

The circuit just won't allow a new corps to come in and clean house anymore. The last time it happened was with Bush, but I guarantee it won't happen again.

IMO...and this may offend a few who can not look at their own program objectively but...

the last corps that came out and blew everyone way that deserved it was the Renegades. they were not the best total product on the field, but those 03 and 04 corps should be proof to everyone who whines about paying your dues that you're full of ####. i'll add Inspires to that list.

Having seen Alliance's program and membership, I can assure you that what they are doing is a step beyond Hurcs, Cabs, Empire, etc. when it comes to sustained velocity and youth.

But it is correct that these are merely continuations of trends that have been evident in DCA for a long time.

Where Alliance is really breaking ground is in bringing indoor programming and design concepts to the field. While most of DCA is still looking at DCI for inspiration and ideas, they're looking to where those junior corps go for ideas. Their design from the conceptual level down to the nuts and bolts of drill design and staging is straight out of WGI.

Their program is interesting, exciting and a breath of fresh air. I'd suggest people actually watch the show before deciding that they're not bringing anything new to the table.

havent seen em yet but thought that this year. I'd say Bucs are also doing this

IMO...and this may offend a few who can not look at their own program objectively but...

the last corps that came out and blew everyone way that deserved it was the Renegades. they were not the best total product on the field, but those 03 and 04 corps should be proof to everyone who whines about paying your dues that you're full of ####. i'll add Inspires to that list.

Geez Adam you even have the jetta guy saying your full of ####??? Can you imagine?? You controversial guy!!! and just before DCA Finals...Anyway jetta's are definitley overrated...haven't found a good car since they stopped making Ramblers!!!! whoops..off topic!!! No whining here...I think everything is shaping up nicely!! have a good evening!!! :tongue: :tongue:

DCA is judged as DCI is....on achievement. Demand is taken into account when evaluating performance to performance, corps versus corps.

DA

Geez Adam you even have the jetta guy saying your full of ####??? Can you imagine?? You controversial guy!!! and just before DCA Finals...Anyway jetta's are definitley overrated...haven't found a good car since they stopped making Ramblers!!!! whoops..off topic!!! No whining here...I think everything is shaping up nicely!! have a good evening!!! :tongue::tongue:

I guess I crossed the line if Jeff thinks I'm full of it! ;)

I still stand by it, there is a "cut your teeth" and "pay your dues" attitude in DCA. Maybe not a strong as it once was, but its there. You've and Don have been there done that!

I guess I crossed the line if Jeff thinks I'm full of it! ;)

I still stand by it, there is a "cut your teeth" and "pay your dues" attitude in DCA. Maybe not a strong as it once was, but its there. You've and Don have been there done that!

Yep. been there and done it...Hey Adam don't read anything into my post..just kidding you man!! you have your opinions and you are right ..some of the time..lol lol...so does your buddy from Sabers still say it was the warming up of the congas that spiked Grennies Percussion lol ...good sense of humour for sure..can't wait for the week-end...ENJOY!!! :tongue:

Yep. been there and done it...Hey Adam don't read anything into my post..just kidding you man!! you have your opinions and you are right ..some of the time..lol lol...so does your buddy from Sabers still say it was the warming up of the congas that spiked Grennies Percussion lol ...good sense of humour for sure..can't wait for the week-end...ENJOY!!! :tongue:

msjbass from White Sabres is absolutely hilarious! He used to keep me laughing on those long trips down there. He should come up and play for "Team Yellow"!

Well...time for a beer or two, three, or maybe 4 or MORE! :tongue:

msjbass from White Sabres is absolutely hilarious! He used to keep me laughing on those long trips down there. He should come up and play for "Team Yellow"!

Well...time for a beer or two, three, or maybe 4 or MORE! :tongue:

:tongue: Dude, thanks for the kind words. I have to admit I "do" have my share of fun. You almost "have" to in this world nowadays, just to survive. AND it was a pleasure to help the Grennies battery this season. Only one other thing - I see so many posts about the average age and I'm not sorry I totally destroy the "average" age in The White Sabers :thumbup:

This is going to be one kick-### weekend !!!

:tongue: Dude, thanks for the kind words. I have to admit I "do" have my share of fun. You almost "have" to in this world nowadays, just to survive. AND it was a pleasure to help the Grennies battery this season. Only one other thing - I see so many posts about the average age and I'm not sorry I totally destroy the "average" age in The White Sabers :tongue:

This is going to be one kick-### weekend !!!

It's been about 3 years since I last saw you, but I bet you still look no older than 29! ;)